[ROM] *** Liquid Smooth ROMS 3.1 FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES ***

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
oh ok gotya. ok it says clockwork recovery v 3.0.2.5

v 3.0.2.5 is very OLD... I recommend you download the ROM Manager app... open the app and the first selection is to "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"... the current Recovery version is ClockworkMod 5.0.2.1. Try flashing that version of recovery, then boot into Recovery and try flashing this ROM again.

***NOTE: The only thing I really use ROM Manager for is to flash an updated version of Recovery. Otherwise I use Recovery to do all my flashing of ROMs.

dr_rick

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to turn up the auto-brightness levels though, it seems kind of dark to me.

You can tweak the auto-brightness levels in the settings. If you go to the Liquid Settings>General>Automatic Backlight you can edit the levels by checking "Use Custom" and then editing individual levels. You can make all of the levels a little brighter or you can lower the threshold at which the levels dim. I've not played with it very much, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Hope that helps!

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
all set !! ty very much for your help fb!! nice rom i love it. one quirk i've noticed is that battery goes faster than the bamf roms thats about it .

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Love this rom but something is hogging my battery.. according to the phone it is "cell standy" and "phone idle"
someone said to pay it no mind. but something is def eating the battery life... any suggestions... what should the min max be set on, in terms of the over clock?

Gibby 09

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Have a quick question. I was recently stuck on the HTC boot screen but got it all figured out and installed the GB RUU onto my thunderbolt.

Now, I want to install this ROM, but I want to make sure that with the RUU came the right radio, and that I can just download this ROMs zip file, and then flash it through recovery.

I also realize that you guys were talking about the latest version of recovery.

Since I installed RUU it unrooted my phone, so I used the Revolutionary root method and it gave me its custom Recovery screen (Version 4. something or another)...Will this be a valid up-to-date version that I can use to flash Liquid Sense 3.1 as well?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Have a quick question. I was recently stuck on the HTC boot screen but got it all figured out and installed the GB RUU onto my thunderbolt.

Now, I want to install this ROM, but I want to make sure that with the RUU came the right radio, and that I can just download this ROMs zip file, and then flash it through recovery.

Go into Settings > About phone > look for "Baseband version".... compare these numbers with the numbers in my link "Latest Radio"... 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2 is the latest GB Radio files, and they work good with this ROM.

I also realize that you guys were talking about the latest version of recovery.

Since I installed RUU it unrooted my phone, so I used the Revolutionary root method and it gave me its custom Recovery screen (Version 4. something or another)...Will this be a valid up-to-date version that I can use to flash Liquid Sense 3.1 as well?

Check the version of Recovery like I described in prior postings here... if it's not the 5.0.2.1 then follow the directions described in previous posts to update Recovery to this version before attempting to try to load this ROM.

Gibby 09

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried to update to the newest version, but it sid an error occurred while trying to obtain privileged commands?

Does this have something to do with the Permissions and "fixing" them?

If so, how do I go about doing that?

Edit: I found it in rom Manager and when I tried doing that, it gave me the same error message. Is this a Superuser error?

Gibby 09

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out. It let me update the Recovery. I had to grant Rom Manager Superuser access through Superuser (obviously)

Now with the latest version of the radio (i checked the baseband and it matches up to the one you listed) and the latest CWM, I can download the .zip for this Liquid Sense 3.1 Rom and install it through recovery?

Do I have to rename the file or anything, or just download and place onto the root of my SD as is?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. It let me update the Recovery. I had to grant Rom Manager Superuser access through Superuser (obviously)

Now with the latest version of the radio (i checked the baseband and it matches up to the one you listed) and the latest CWM, I can download the .zip for this Liquid Sense 3.1 Rom and install it through recovery?

Do I have to rename the file or anything, or just download and place onto the root of my SD as is?

Check out and read the http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/77350-guide-how-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html... you don't have to rename the install file.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't stop.....I have flashed in the last 5 days

1. Forever Cubed 1.0.9

2. Forver 1.0.9

3. Now Liquid!

Someone stop me!. So, far, Liquid looks pretty good. Only thing I had to do was flash MR3 to get 4g to work. So, far, very minimalist in this ROM.

Tomorrow might be Gingeritis....LOLOL. I need a life!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

1. Forever Cubed 1.0.9

2. Forver 1.0.9

3. Now Liquid!

Someone stop me!. So, far, Liquid looks pretty good. Only thing I had to do was flash MR3 to get 4g to work. So, far, very minimalist in this ROM.

What, no CM7??? Once you start there is no stopping you... the longest I've been on any one rom has been about a week.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

1. Forever Cubed 1.0.9

2. Forver 1.0.9

3. Now Liquid!

I know how you feel. I really love 1.0.9 cubed yet I am dying to flash another rom. I'm intrigued by liquid because I've never tried an aosp rom. What holds me back is I have free vzw vvm and I understand I would lose it?

Can you (personally) get nfl mobile live to work in liquid?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok one more issue lol. since i installed this rom last night i have been getting a text messages last night and all day today from a number listed as 6250 and all it says is VZWNMN: 1 . anyone know what this is? and how do i make it stop?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What, no CM7??? Once you start there is no stopping you... the longest I've been on any one rom has been about a week.

The ink wasn't even dry before I started flashing to Gingeritis. Sorry folks, Liquid just didn't do it for me.

I am thinking CM7 now!.

I realize I have to only flash at night after my "no phonecalls/texting after 10:00" rule so I don't miss anything!

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So i went to the gym today, got on the treadmill , started watching tv and wanted to listen to the program. a card said tune into channel 90.7 on your fm radio to listen, so i open up my apps and guess what? no fm radiooooooooooooooo lol. so do only the bamf roms have the fm radio? is there a way of getting it on this ram?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get flash to work? I get audio but no video. With CM7 I would install flash player 10.2 (hacked) and it would work but it's not working on this rom. I read in another thread about using a file explorer to go to data/data and delete or change permissions but I can't figure how to get to data/data. Thanks in advance!!