[ROM][MOD][4.4.2][EXPERIMENTAL] KitKat OS2SD

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
There's got to be something easy we're missing. Try flashing back to stock rooted zvd to make sure data is still working

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to use that utility unless your bricked. You should flash Xionia recovery wipe everything 2x then flash the zvd update.zip 2x once from xionia reboot then you'll have stock ZVD recovery and flash again

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully kp500 hasen't borked it up to the point that it won't boot...

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ahh so it didn't work till you updated prl and profile data? Great! Then now if you flash kitkat it should work.

mtbierkan

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there a script I can run for apps that are looking for the sd card for storage to point them to the right ext partition, like the gallery app, which says 'no external storage' and other apps that 'require sd card'? I try to move some of these apps from the sd card, but I get a 'not enough internal storage' message.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a script I can run for apps that are looking for the sd card for storage to point them to the right ext partition, like the gallery app, which says 'no external storage' and other apps that 'require sd card'? I try to move some of these apps from the sd card, but I get a 'not enough internal storage' message.

It sounds like something still isn't quite right with your sd-card partition layout. You should still have a fat32 partition for normal sdcard use such as saving your camera pictures. I dont have those problem at all on Squids os2sd rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I wonder if it's just something skinbark hasn't gotten fixed yet. I'd consider trying out bigsupersquids on the V forum it's got a flashable sprint fix

mtbierkan

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I did the Sprint fix. It fixes the buttons to Sprint layout and changes the carrier from VM to Sprint. I am also using pretty much all of the sd files, boot-sd, cwm-sd, kitkat-sd. the only thing I don't use that is mentioned in the thread is Crossbreeder, which I thought was only useful if I was having lag issues. I'm wondering if the fat32 partition has to be a certain percent of the sd card space. Isn't that a thing?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The size of it shouldn't matter... Hmm... OK you'll have to backup your sdcard to a computer. Flash techvendetta's twrp recovery and use it to repartition your sd-card. I know it'll do it in the correct layout. I think your problem has to do with the partition order. Then try and reflash the rom. (you can switch back to cwm-sd if you prefer it though twrp will do both internal and os2sd installs)

mtbierkan

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I get copy errors when trying to put the TechVendetta files on my sd. 'can't read from source'.I will try his earlier builds from his forum and see if i can get somdething running tomorrow.Thanks for your help.

mtbierkan

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The Vendetta recovery uses ext3 instead of ext4. The skinny Gapps aren't working, I will try another package I believe I saw in the thread. I will try the Sprint version with the vendetta recovery, too.

mtbierkan

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking my entire problem was a corrupted sd card. I have been repartitioning and wiping it for like a year. Any way to check that? I have a smaller card now, but everything seems to function. Camera and apps storing on card now. Maybe the 16GB card was also too big?? I was reading FAT32 partition can only handle 4 GB. I also watched the screen while partitioning and saw that after initially setting up as ext3, it reformatted as ext4 on the os2sd partitions. I only have another 2 months on Sprint and then I'm switching providers and getting a new phone, which will have enough internal memory that I won't need to flash as much, although I love the freedom and removing bloatware, so I guess I'll be risking warranty much earlier than I plan too. I'm thinking of going to Verizon, any advice on best data coverage?? Sprint's sucks (at least in CT). Thanks for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali