Rumored Nexus devices from LG,Sony,Samsung...

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling sony's nexus is going to be the high end device here. The fact that Sony embraces aosp coming to the xperia s, all but confirms a Sony nexus.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Remember this spec sheet is for one carrier in Japan...more models might be forthcoming.

Im hoping for a "nexus 10". ASUS or Motorola, anyone?

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sony? Wow, I'd love to see a high-end device from Sony. Their phones are pretty top-notch and underrated. Their phones just don't have as much of a footprint in the States as it does abroad.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been really impressed by Sony recently. They seem like a really quality company, and I'd love to support them in their nexus endeavor if this leak proves to be right :)

dco50321

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I would absolutely love a Sony nexus. It's always been the Sony software that's blown. It would have a sweet camera (which has always been lacking) and good specs otherwise. It would be the best of both worlds!

Sent from my Skyrocket

mrkalel

Oct 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
I literally JUST bought my GNexus from the Play store 2 weeks ago, love it...but I would probably sell it to get something from Sony, HTC or even Sammy again depending on the updates this fall...

My most important thing I am looking for is a nice sculptured design ala GNex (NOTHING like the crap Moto is putting out) and very important: A High quality cam that rivals the iPhone.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I want to see a Motorola nexus with an unlocked bootloader. That would be killer.

Honestly it would make way more financial sense to have Motorola do all the nexus phones from now on because didn't Google buy Motorola?

Motorola has the best radios hands down

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to see a Motorola nexus with an unlocked bootloader. That would be killer.

Honestly it would make way more financial sense to have Motorola do all the nexus phones from now on because didn't Google buy Motorola?

Motorola has the best radios hands down

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

lol it makes me chuckle every time i see someone post the typical "moto has best radios ever" myth on here

If moto did make a nexus, i am sure they would pull hard for a locked bootloader. Whether or not google would allow that mistake to happen or not i dont know.

I have never been much of a sony fan for much of anything, but i could buy into the idea of a sony nexus. Lg i am wary of. I just wish htc would get back in the game. I would pay retail for another Nexus One. I just really dont want sammy again. Bad radios and mediocre build quality is not something nexus needs to be associated with.

Best case scenario is for multible manufactures to make nexus phones. That way you dont have to choose between software and hardware.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
lol it makes me chuckle every time i see someone post the typical "moto has best radios ever" myth on here

If moto did make a nexus, i am sure they would pull hard for a locked bootloader. Whether or not google would allow that mistake to happen or not i dont know.

I

If it has a locked bootloader, its not a Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's all about being to source the right parts.

Doesn't Sony make the cameras in the recent iPhones and GS3?

Displays are made by a few.

The current crop of LTE phones all run the same CPU.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Even if manufacturers were to merge their flag ships with Google nexus experience if you're on a cdma network you would still have to wait forever for future updates to be released.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I, too, would like to see a Nexus device from Motorola. I've always been impressed by their signal strength and build quality. I'd be okay with an updated Galaxy Nexus so long as the radios were stronger and it got MUCH better battery life as I always liked the way the GN felt in my hand. I have no experience with Sony devices, but from the way everyone is talking in this thread, I'd buy one of their products as well if it were running stock Android.