S22U trouble with Google Messages

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Been having some issues and just wondering if anyone is having similar issues or can point me in the right direction. As you can see in the attachment, having trouble with Chat connecting, disconnecting, refusing to send. Frustrating when I think I send a message through Android auto only to arrive at my destination and he never got it because it never sent. Trying to do some trouble shooting on my own before going in to TMO. FWIW he is on a Fold 4, other son is on a pixel 7 but it doesn't happen as frequently with him. Any thoughts appreciated
a113faf757f9fc392cf618678cd5becc.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, no vpn. If I send as SMS it goes through right away and I have no issues texting with iphone users. So it's something Chat related

Try clearing cache then Force stop the app , in setting of message app does it says connected under status?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing cache then Force stop the app , in setting of message app does it says connected under status?
After clearing, force close and a reboot it shows connected but we'll see if that sticks. It has been coming and going

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok we test this out see what happens

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Tried all that on both devices but still had issues connecting to Chat so we both switched back to the stock Samsung Messages app and having absolutely no problems now. Who knows...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tried all that on both devices but still had issues connecting to Chat so we both switched back to the stock Samsung Messages app and having absolutely no problems now. Who knows...
Yeah weird but Samsung works great maybe check next update to Google app see if things change or sometimes over time not using them going back be ok