S4 Not Recognizing New Files on SD Card

fake_empire

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
So I'm enjoying my Galaxy S4 and have had it for a few months now, but it seems my music apps are no longer recognizing new files. I got the phone primarily to use the 64gb SD card with my music collection, especially while offline (e.g., flying). It has worked fine with Google's default music app, and I could add new files via my laptop, plug it back in, and play the new music. The files are all in a folder on the SD card called "Music." Today I tried that again with some new music and Google's app can't see the files. However, the "My Files" app can see the files and play them without a hitch, so I know they are on the phone and not corrupted.

I have tried the following to play the files from a music app with no luck so far; suggestions welcome:
  • restarting the device (of course)
  • refreshing from the Google Music app (default app, icon is an orange pair of headphones)
  • adding the new files to a "MEDIA" folder on the SD card which was suggested on another thread
  • using DoubleTwist, which can see the same set of music as Google Music (can't see the last ~5 albums added to the SD card)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I normally use the default app of the device without a hitch.
Have you tried it yet?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franzmorais