Same phone number on two phones?

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy s21 ultra which has fantastic cameras but is generally too large if I am not carrying a purse. I ordered the z flip 3 because I like the smaller form factor but the cameras are not nearly as good. So I'm contemplating a scenario where if I plan to use the camera, I'm going to take the ultra but from day to day, I'm just going to take the flip. Is there an easier way to share phone numbers other than swapping the SIM from one to the other? I'm on at&t.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice sounds like it would be a good solution.

EDIT: Sorry, that would be only if you had a separate SIM on the 2nd phone, and connected both numbers to your Google Voice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Galaxy s21 ultra which has fantastic cameras but is generally too large if I am not carrying a purse. I ordered the z flip 3 because I like the smaller form factor but the cameras are not nearly as good. So I'm contemplating a scenario where if I plan to use the camera, I'm going to take the ultra but from day to day, I'm just going to take the flip. Is there an easier way to share phone numbers other than swapping the SIM from one to the other? I'm on at&t.
Z flip is nice , congrats!
Im not sure if they have esim capabilities

brucesmays

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wish Verizon had the ability to sync two devices with one number. Google Voice works great as it rings both of my phones

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting a Z Flip for the same reason as OP but swapping SIM card, although not all that challenging, would get old after a while. I'd like to see carriers to easily let consumers tie one number to multiple devices.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I use a Google Voice number that I got to select among available #s in my area. When one calls the Google #, it simultaneously rings my Z Fold 3, my Z Flip 3 (for work only poretty much) and my COmcast VoIP number at home. I can pick up calls on any of them, and I receive SMS texts on both cellular devices and can send from either. Voicemail gets translated to text and emailed and texted. Been usinbg it for six or more years. When I moved from (203) I got a (610) number. When I then moved to (802), I paid like $15 one time to keep the (610) and get the (802), so all my numbers still work fine and I can choose which to call from. All free from Google when I got it anyway.