Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

GenXGeekDad

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Ahhh yes, local time. Duh! Haha.

If actual local time, it was a slow plane from IN, but a really fast plane to TN.

Something is up with FedEx maybe....Here are my times...

9/10/2017 - Sunday
1:24 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
9/09/2017 - Saturday
11:03 pm At local FedEx facility DENVER, CO
6:00 pm Left FedEx origin facility INDIANAPOLIS, IN
5:20 pm At destination sort facility DENVER, CO
4:58 pm Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
8:55 am Picked up INDIANAPOLIS, IN
7:53 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was told at the beginning of the week that all Note 7 promotion orders will be received by 9-14. My Amex order displayed pending until this morning when it dropped off but was not moved to posted transactions. I called Amex and they told me that Digital River, the company managing the orders is very difficult to deal with and makes errors consistently. So, I started a live chat with tech support and was told I would see it sometime in October and that phones are being shipped in the order placed. He didn't know anything about priority shipping for the N7 promotion. Restarted the chat with another rep and she said my order was confirmed (still shows pre-order on my side)and I should be getting a tracking number soon. She advised me to call CS in the morning, which I will be doing. My only concern is that I picked up all of my accessories on Friday and I want the phone in hand before the 14 day return window closes. If it wasn't for the option of paying the phone off in full and getting the discount up front, I never would have ordered from Samsung.

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
So I check my tracking status this morning, yesterday it says it arrived in Oakland, Ca... this morning, it shows that it went back to the east coast Memphis, TN. wtf! FedEx is weird, I usually ship package with FedEx, and usually they are local delivery, but I don't understand why it has to leave the west coast to the east coast, and back to the west coast... when it just need to cross the bay to hit it destination. Haha!

You'd think this excess travelling and use of fuel, would make FedEx a more expensive courier! HMM! Or they're just messing up and putting packages on the wrong trucks and planes, and we're able to know about it now with tracking.

boudicca00

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Ordered yesterday (Sep 9) and got a projected ship date of 'Week of October 8'. Anybody think they'll actually do better than that?

You're not the only person with a weird backorder like that, so I'm guessing that Samsung didn't make enough to meet expectations?

skeletor807

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Contact samsung's order team and ask what's the status on your order.

Your order could be canceled like mine and you wouldn't even know it, like they did me.

I called them about 5 days ago and they gave me a generic response that said my order was fine and it would ship on the 11th. They wouldn't say anything else and just repeated that back to me. I emailed Samsung a bit ago to see what type of response I get from that inquiry. If I don't have a tracking number by lunch, I'll give them another call.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine shows preorder still, too. I also ordered on the 26th. I'm thinking of canceling and ordering through another channel.
I ordered on the 26th for t-mobile variant and was confirmed a couple days ago and got my shipping tracking number on Saturday. Maybe they are short of the different variant carrier phone?...

brandon_powell

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Man..I’m scheduled for delivery on 9/12, but it just arrived at the Destination Sort Facility an hour ago. Maybe I’ll see it tomorrow.
I’m in the same boat. One shipment with my case hit the destination sort facility yesterday and says schedule for delivery Monday. The phone and 360 cam landed in the same sort facility earlier today but says delivery for Tuesday. Hope it the just both show up Monday!

jstplnfrank#AC

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I’m in the same boat. One shipment with my case hit the destination sort facility yesterday and says schedule for delivery Monday. The phone and 360 cam landed in the same sort facility earlier today but says delivery for Tuesday. Hope it the just both show up Monday!

My delivery date hasn’t changed. Hopefully it won’t take 2 days to travel 10 miles.

Erikk1994

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I posted on this thread a few days back stating that my order from August 24th was on backorder which it was, so I tried cancelling it, and went to order from Best buy. On September 8th I receive notification that my order from Samsung moved from backorder into shipped (I'm unsure if they gave my order priority because I spent great amounts of time complaining and asking them to cancel my backorder) I guess they didn't want to lose out on a grand, and pushed my order to ship. Well they did, and my order should arrive tomorrow est time judging from the tracking status. Also, since I thought I cancelled my order with Samsung, I placed an order with Best Buy, and they're also shipping a Galaxy note 8 as well. Long story short, Samsung sucks, and I'll be receiving two Galaxy note 8s when I only needed one. Good thing Best Buy offers in store returns. Otherwise it would've been more of a hassle.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Has everyone that took advantage of the Note 7 promo that has had their phone shipped or already gotten the phone had there card charged? Or do they wait to get the trade in device before charging the card...I’m not sure why they would do that. My phone is due Tuesday and my card has not been charged nor has there ever been a pending charge on it. Hmmm. Did I just hit the jackpot?

Erikk1994

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Has everyone that took advantage of the Note 7 promo that has had their phone shipped or already gotten the phone had there card charged? Or do they wait to get the trade in device before charging the card...I’m not sure why they would do that. My phone is due Tuesday and my card has not been charged nor has there ever been a pending charge on it. Hmmm. Did I just hit the jackpot?

They place a charge when you first place the order, then they release the funds, it's a way to make sure you have money there I'm the first place. So no charge will appear, until launch date I believe. Rest assured, you did not hit the jackpot lol

crackercraig

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Man, I'm glad to tell you. It comes in the standard, nice Samsung packaging. I wonder if that's because it came from Samsung or has AT&T finally stopped forcing their ugly Note packaging on us? That really used to tick me off.

This is one of the main reasons that I ordered directly from Samsung. I got my note 7 from the att store and it came in a crappy ugly blue box with all the att branding all over it.

Acapella75

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the unlocked model on 8/26 and I am still stuck at preorder. My initial email said it will ship 9/11 but I am doubting that right now. Used the Note 7 promo too. Feels bad man. Feels bad.

My order is showing as confirmed. Hoping it does ship tomorrow as the initial email said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59