Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to a customer rep who told me I will get my device on the 14th and will get tracking number today. It's like a relationship where a woman cheats on me and says she is sorry...take it with a grain of salt until I actually see proof...I don't know who to believe or trust anymore :'(

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Before the Note 8 all Notes from AT&T came in that box even if you ordered directly from Samsung. This is the first Note from AT&T to have manufacturer's box

It's about time. I was with Sprint for the N3 and N4 so I was used to the normal Samsung packaging. Imagine the horror of seeing the box for the N5, which is when I switched to Att. And I was even more horrified when I ended up with 2 ugly boxes for the N7. Strangely enough, the S series, less expensive, had normal Samsung boxes. Go figure.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My friend clerk, do you know by the time you would know the results of the trade-in, the 15 days window of returning the note 8 would pass, and therefore, you would be stuck with the phone.

What evidence do you have that Samsung is going to screw people on the trade? It would be a PR crisis for Samsung. The deal was clearly $425 if your phone is on the list. I'm not saying it's not possible that a giant corporation screws the little guy but I assure you I will have recourse. I will absolutely dispute the charge and my CC company will take it seriously.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
What evidence do you have that Samsung is going to screw people on the trade? It would be a PR crisis for Samsung. The deal was clearly $425 if your phone is on the list. I'm not saying it's not possible that a giant corporation screws the little guy but I assure you I will have recourse. I will absolutely dispute the charge and my CC company will take it seriously.

Samsung doesn't exactly have the best track record on these trade ins...all we can do is wait and see what happens with this one...

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I think I figured out why everyone is getting their notes late. . . .just passed a semi with Amazon prime written on the side, pulled over by a couple state patrol officers lol

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Another day without my Note. Is there any way that the package can be recalled so I can get a refund on it?

I just want to go to Best Buy or Tmobile and purchase it instead of waiting everyday while my package sits in Louisville roting.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Another day without my Note. Is there any way that the package can be recalled so I can get a refund on it?

I just want to go to Best Buy or Tmobile and purchase it instead of waiting everyday while my package sits in Louisville roting.

Deny shipment of it when it does come

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody order the Verizon version on 9/5 or after get a shipping notice yet? My confirmation email on the day I bought it said 9/14 arrival but no change online so that isn't happening. Still preorder status on Sammy website.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think my problem is Samsung giving false hope with the Note 7 customers. They said over and over again we would be the first to use the phones before anyone else which is clearly not the case. Then you have some reps saying people will get their phones on the 16th, which is a day after release and not before everyone else. Sure a lot of people got theirs already but ALL Note 7 customer's phones should have been shipped around the same week in my opinion.
I agree, Samsung made false promises. I was in the process of ordering a note 8 using the note 7 deal. I was looking at the order page and started thinking of all the issues people have had with the note 7, s8 phones, the issues with the trade in any phone for the s8 phones. Then I decided I just didn't want to deal with this crap with Samsung, I figured it would be a headache, and it looks like i was right, and nobody has really dealt with the trade in yet.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Do you really want to go thru the Samsung crap of trying to return the phone and get a refund, with Samsung's history I don't think i would return it, that could be a painful ordeal to go thru. It's close to you, the ride is almost over, just ride the storm out we'll call this the Samsung disaster storm.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Can't u call the FEDEX location where it's sitting at and ask where is the package? That's what I used to do

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
i know im still waiting to they're always here before noon and of course today there going to come way late

It's always how it goes. When you don't expect them, they're here early. When you purposely get up and wait, no where to be seen. But let you move for one minute, they claim they attempted to deliver your package, be back tomorrow. Ahhh the vicious cycle lol.