Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It still doesn't say delivery date, but when I click on the delivery window it list 9/15 as delivery date between 930 and 130 pm

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted to cancel and order from Best Buy, you still get to redeem for the same freebie(s) if you order by today... but how long will it take to get that... if i walk into the store tomorrow I can get one, but sans freebies I would suspect.

If it was going to be until Oct 1 I would... but who knows.. everyone's getting different stories.

I believe the freebies are supposed to go out to all orders by Sept 24th, Like Alterian said

Last edited:

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I tried that, I guess she just wanted to me get off the phone. I'm considering canceling and just picking one up.

Is it not reasonable to expect that a. you get your phone before none note 7ers and b. Get it before or the day of release? I mean what's the point of pre-ordereding?

I agree, the go live date should be pushed back until all pre-orders are fulfilled. One can only assume my pre-order is being pushed back to stock store shelves; when the whole point of a pre-order is to be the first to get the phone. Samsung delivery and company message sucks.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted to cancel and order from Best Buy, you still get to redeem for the same freebie(s) if you order by today... but how long will it take to get that... if i walk into the store tomorrow I can get one, but sans freebies I would suspect.

If it was going to be until Oct 1 I would... but who knows.. everyone's getting different stories.

Did you do the Note 7 deal? If you did, then you would be paying full price for the phone if you got it somewhere else. I don't mind waiting a day or 2 if I'm saving money on this phone.

If you didn't do the Note 7 deal, then it makes sense for you to cancel and get it from somewhere else

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I just called them to check on my order status, and chose the callback option. I was given an estimated call back time of four and a half HOURS. . . . .
spoke to them yesterday about my order (att, 6/6/17, note 7 discount) and was told that YES it was in fact shipping out tomorrow (today) and with my one day shipping would be here on friday. . . . as of right now my order is still listed as "pre-order", so yeah, not getting it tomorrow.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree, the go live date should be pushed back until all pre-orders are fulfilled. One can only assume my pre-order is being pushed back to stock store shelves; when the whole point of a pre-order is to be the first to get the phone. Samsung delivery and company message sucks.

Ummmm. NO! The push live date should stay exactly as it is! Why would the US release be pushed back because of a messed up preorder delivery issue? Us in store people have been patiently waiting for the 15th. Tomorrow, it's go time.

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Ummmm. NO! The push live date should stay exactly as it is! Why would the US release be pushed back because of a messed up preorder delivery issue? Us in store people have been patiently waiting for the 15th. Tomorrow, it's go time.

If it's a delivery issue, sure. But if it's an inventory or staffing issue no way. Pre-order customers have already paid for their phones. And paid to get them early. Of course they aren't going to push the go live date back. But it's bs pre-order customers won't get their phones before go live.

jccoop

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I order on August 24th as soon as you possible could. I dealt with Samsung last year at this same time with the note 7. I have called Samsung no less than 7 times. On September 4th Chase called me and said they turned down the charge for Samsung. I went off on Chase because I new the problems they had just created for me. They didn't turn down because of my credit limit, but because Samsung appear fraudulent. So I called Samsung and they assured me that there wasn't any issue with the payment. I started to see people getting their phones early and I figured first come, first served. This turned out to be incorrect. I continued to call Samsung every day. The people who answer the phones don't really know anything. They are there to answer the phone tell you what you want to hear(not what is correct) and get off the phone. One of the representatives shouted at me that per my initial email they had until September 14th to deliver the phone and she could resend me the email if I needed to see it again. I finally got upset with one of the representatives and demanded a manager. After a 5 minute wait I got a manager. Who came on the phone and actually looked at my account and determined that there was something wrong with my account and would be escalated. This was September 11th and later that day I got my first email in almost a month stating my payment information needed to be updated. So I immediately updated my payment information with my Amex card. Oh the manager who escalated the issue stated it will take 5 business days to resolve. I have since called and been blow off every day. Yesterday they told me that it would be the 20th before I receive my shipment. I don't believe a word they say. I am only hanging in because they are giving me a discount($425). I really think it will be October before we get our "Priority shipment" for being a Note 7 buyer. I wonder why I would ever do business with this company again, when two years in a row they have done me dirty. Shame on Samsung for the Note 7, Shame on me for trusting them again.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. That would be even more of a PR nightmare than a few preorders that didn't get fulfilled. Carriers expect to have inventory in store (which they already do) and Samsung will not damage their relationships with carriers due to a few upset customers who did not receive their preorders. I cancelled my preorder and I'll be at the AT&T store at lunch tomorrow and will walk out in less than 15 minutes with my new Note 8. The only phone I've ever had issue getting on launch dates are iPhones. I did preorder the S8+ but there were plenty in stores. I doubt I'll go the preorder route again and go through all the worrying about getting it one or two days early when I can just make an appointment and walk in a store and know for sure when I'm getting my device.

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well ordered the 5th and my confirmation email says it's supposed to arrive today. I called the Samsung line and the expected call time is 4 and a half hours from now so I guess I won't be the only one complaining.

Way to screw over note 7 owners again Samsung. At least change the status from pre-order to order since the phone is out now.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I order on August 24th as soon as you possible could. I dealt with Samsung last year at this same time with the note 7. I have called Samsung no less than 7 times. On September 4th Chase called me and said they turned down the charge for Samsung. I went off on Chase because I new the problems they had just created for me. They didn't turn down because of my credit limit, but because Samsung appear fraudulent. So I called Samsung and they assured me that there wasn't any issue with the payment. I started to see people getting their phones early and I figured first come, first served. This turned out to be incorrect. I continued to call Samsung every day. The people who answer the phones don't really know anything. They are there to answer the phone tell you what you want to hear(not what is correct) and get off the phone. One of the representatives shouted at me that per my initial email they had until September 14th to deliver the phone and she could resend me the email if I needed to see it again. I finally got upset with one of the representatives and demanded a manager. After a 5 minute wait I got a manager. Who came on the phone and actually looked at my account and determined that there was something wrong with my account and would be escalated. This was September 11th and later that day I got my first email in almost a month stating my payment information needed to be updated. So I immediately updated my payment information with my Amex card. Oh the manager who escalated the issue stated it will take 5 business days to resolve. I have since called and been blow off every day. Yesterday they told me that it would be the 20th before I receive my shipment. I don't believe a word they say. I am only hanging in because they are giving me a discount($425). I really think it will be October before we get our "Priority shipment" for being a Note 7 buyer. I wonder why I would ever do business with this company again, when two years in a row they have done me dirty. Shame on Samsung for the Note 7, Shame on me for trusting them again.

This is the exact situation for me!
Bank of America declined the charge (for security reasons) which pissed me off because I knew it would delay it, BUT Samsung should have notified me that the payment was declined within at most 3 days to update my payment, but NOOOOOO I had to call them like 1 week and a half later and told the customer rep to escalate my issue to the warehouse. It was ONLY THEN that the next day I got an email saying I could update my payment. I used a different card and the payment went through immediately. I called Capital One and told them to preapprove the charge. I'm gonna start doing that with all preorders now

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if I ordered over the next couple of days with the prior note 7 trade in deal when I could expect the N8 to ship, $425 bucks off the phone I'm gonna trade in is WAY to good to pass up

Fuzzystump

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I hate to hear of some of your troubles. I went through the note 7 fiasco (twice) but through the whole process Samsung has done right be me. Pre-ordered two note 8s <8/24 and 8/25> and the first was delivered on 9/7 (with a 256gb SD card) and the 2nd was delivered on 9/11 (no SD card just yet). This was obviously WELL before release date which is all gravey.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So if I log in to my order on the website and hit the cancel button will I really get my charge money back without any further hassle?

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
well, it didn't take the quoted 4 and a half hours, but they just called me back. I was told they didn't know why I was told yesterday that my phone would ship today because my order isn't ready to leave the warehouse and they have no idea when it will be shipping out. . . . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT