Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I preordered an unlocked N8 on the 26th. Today, I walked into my closest Best Buy to see if they had any. They didn't but another store 20 minutes away did. So I called the other store and they confirmed they did have an unlocked N8 and yes they would hold it for me. Woohoo!!!!!! So, I drove over there and as I am waiting in line I check the status of my samsung direct order. It still said preorder with the option to cancel. After I buy my N8, I go and sit on a bench to actually cancel the online order. It now says confirmed with no option to cancel. This happened in about a 5-8 minute window. So, I am now waiting on a call back from Samsung so that I can cancel it. I think I pissed Samsung off and they are now punishing me. LOL!
View attachment 268465

They are tracking you :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm screwed now. Sammy tried to process my purchase and Bank of America blocked and put a fraud alert on my account. I straightened it out with the bank but they need Sammy to reprocess which they won't do. They want me to purchase all over again from scratch and lose my 425 off and extra goodies. Cluster blank. B of A sucks. Now Sammy also has me flagged cuz they got blocked. Did this happen to others?

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well mine just went from pre order to confirmed... Whatever that means. Could be that pre order is wrong wording since the phone is out now lol

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am on T Mobile I originally pre-ordered with Samsung for deal. But after 2 days canceled it because I did not trust Samsung. Com. Ordered thru tmobile traded in my V20 got my credit on my bill today. I have had my note 8 since 7th.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm screwed now. Sammy tried to process my purchase and Bank of America blocked and put a fraud alert on my account. I straightened it out with the bank but they need Sammy to reprocess which they won't do. They want me to purchase all over again from scratch and lose my 425 off and extra goodies. Cluster blank. B of A sucks. Now Sammy also has me flagged cuz they got blocked. Did this happen to others?

The same thing happened to me with BOA. Declined the charged because of fraud. Call the reps and tell them to escalate the issue to the warehouse. When I did that, I got an email the next day to update my payment. I used a Capital One card instead and it went through immediately.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I went through that on 9/5 and it went through but I used same card so it just happened again. In any event doesn't look like there is any way for me to get this deal now. No way I start from scratch. Isn't the deal over now anyway?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went through that on 9/5 and it went through but I used same card so it just happened again. In any event doesn't look like there is any way for me to get this deal now. No way I start from scratch. Isn't the deal over now anyway?

The deal ends September 28
But I was told by a rep Samsung is supposed to try 3 times
Also call BOA and tell them to approve the order after you order it

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The deal ends September 28
But I was told by a rep Samsung is supposed to try 3 times
Also call BOA and tell them to approve the order after you order it
Ya Sammy said they tried several times but never informed me. i did call the bank but they said they only watch for 2 days then their automated system takes over

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
You all need to use discover lol, they'll ask before cancelling card. It does look suspicious the way DRI/DRS/Samsung do the preauths though. I had a preauth for the phone and tax; like $563, then a $1 auth for SD Card, another for Charger, then another $1 for my trade-in. The $1 auths fell off in a couple days, the $563 auth came off after a week.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ya Sammy said they tried several times but never informed me. i did call the bank but they said they only watch for 2 days then their automated system takes over

What? That can't be right about the bank. I called them and they made a note on my account to allow it to go through...thats what they should have done

ENG1NE

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Got the delay notice yesterday. This morning finally got a shipping notification shipped by fedex. Preordered 8/24 Verizon note7 promo. Will be here tues 9/19

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What? That can't be right about the bank. I called them and they made a note on my account to allow it to go through...thats what they should have done
Yes they did but it has been 10 days since the initial hold. She explained they would watch for the purchase for 2 days but at first all Sammy does is the hold. If they then charged it and sent it in that 2or 3 day span no problem. If there is a long delay between hold and actual charge B of A computer boots it. No live input from reps nor opportunity to prevent issue. One good suggestion was if hold goes through to call back in a couple of days and remind B of A of issue. They told me to call just b4 the charge but of course we don't know exactly when the charge will happen. Complicating matters Sammy cust support say THEY have now flagged my account as well so their flag must be removed for me to even initiate another purchase. Sammy supposed to call me back. They will tell me to start over from scratch and I will cancel. This is a catch 22 and I destroyed all my other cc years ago so I only have one bill to pay. No solution. Just came to cry my tale of woe to some sympathetic readers. Good luck with your Note 8 phones! I won't deal with Sammy Direct anymore. Just too stressful.

123spongebob123

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Oredred August 24th at 11PM and Still No Tracking abd Said Next Week?? ALl I Got Were Lies!

Ordered above and all went through. Saw that some people received units. So called and they said you will be receiving it and can"t say is that it will arrive early. There was some confusion with credit card and called Samsung and they said no worries all set. I wanted to make sure no problems with delivery. I was concerned by Sept 11th no tracking number. They guaranteed will get it by 14th. Called on the 12th since said 2 day delivery and said will get tracking number today. Waited til 8PM and called no tracking number-spoke with Supervisor and said well since per order nothing can be done until tracking number-said 14th guarantee and will not get it in time-he stated could come later since pre order? What?
Called next day 13th-spoke to another supervisor-she stated that will get it by the 14th-management said anyone ordering before August 3oth orders will be sent out with out tracking numbers. Said did not see how you would-she stated you will receive it don't worry. Well 14th called again and spoke with another supervisor and said all i got was lies-I sent numerous e mails as per waiting for someone to talk to at 855 number saying get answer 24 hours and never received any. Now she tells me that will guarantee a tracking number today and will get the phone next week. WTF-expressed my feelings of lies-no one helping and ordered 12 hours after went on pre order and got absolutely lousy treatment and why did I pre order. Asked for Samsung Corp Escalation and gave me wrong number.
WOW- The CEO says wants to take care of loyal Note 7 customers and get this???? Sitting back thinking why.
My theory...Samsung says brealing pre orders for Note 8-so now have a huge demand for units-therefore projecting not enough units to ship to "stores-etc. Now they have immediate sales they can full fill! So they wait til the night of 14th asking pre orders to wait another week (don't believe it will sure longer) so can make sure inventories are ample!
Either way for what ever the reason is-which they never stated and got different stories why no tracking number they are treating loyal customers like crap. Not right and have yet to find a way to contact anyone from samsung higher to find explanation and why they never full filled their promise.
PS-It is 1:30PM EST and guess what...no tracking number!!!!!!

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm showing a shipping label created shipping from Plainfield, IL from Brightpoint in Fedex app. Delivery set for 9/19. My preorder status changed to confirmed today. I thought Fedex counted Sat as a ship day?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes they did but it has been 10 days since the initial hold. She explained they would watch for the purchase for 2 days but at first all Sammy does is the hold. If they then charged it and sent it in that 2or 3 day span no problem. If there is a long delay between hold and actual charge B of A computer boots it. No live input from reps nor opportunity to prevent issue. One good suggestion was if hold goes through to call back in a couple of days and remind B of A of issue. They told me to call just b4 the charge but of course we don't know exactly when the charge will happen. Complicating matters Sammy cust support say THEY have now flagged my account as well so their flag must be removed for me to even initiate another purchase. Sammy supposed to call me back. They will tell me to start over from scratch and I will cancel. This is a catch 22 and I destroyed all my other cc years ago so I only have one bill to pay. No solution. Just came to cry my tale of woe to some sympathetic readers. Good luck with your Note 8 phones! I won't deal with Sammy Direct anymore. Just too stressful.

Well I'm glad I used Capital One then. With them they can waive a stop from a certain Merchant. also Samsung says you must update payment within 8 hours to prevent delays, but then don't allow you to update payment until days later...they need to get their stuff together. I never would have preordered from Samsung if it wasn't for the Note 7 deal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582