Samsung freebies, which did you choose and how did you submit it?

73yellow

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I sure hope they changed the charger some cause my Samsung stand up charger I used with my S7 Edge Plus in the defender won't charge my Note 8 in a Defender. But my cheap Tronsmart flat charger has no problem.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I only got to pick between the 360 camera or the SD card so I picked the SD card.

Also, no need to watch the video in the one post with the video link, just search Google for Samsung Promo on your phone. Once there you will need to download a Samsung app and in that app is where you register. Very easy.

Samsung says my gift will be shipped the week of 11-13.

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I sure hope they changed the charger some cause my Samsung stand up charger I used with my S7 Edge Plus in the defender won't charge my Note 8 in a Defender. But my cheap Tronsmart flat charger has no problem.

If you are talking about the OtterBox Defender case, you can still charge the phone in the case, you just have to turn the phone sideways.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Registered back on Aug 24th in Samsung shop app.
5815a7102ac0d2c8628699f469c58e25.gif

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Registered back on Aug 24th in Samsung shop app.

That's weird... How did you submit? My approval was immediate and three days later I got my confirmation e-mail! Call Samsung and go through their elevations dept. I did that with my VR last year, they gave me a massive headache but eventually it was manually approved!

Screenshot_20170919-044433.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The app sent me a notification saying congrats, my gift was approved and is on it's way. It will ship the week of November 13.

I submitted about 6 hrs ago.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
When I first ordered mine, it said ship date was the week of 9/24 and I was blown away at how prepared Samsung was for this promo compared to past experiences. Then I checked a few days later and it said it would ship 10/6. Then a few days later 6-8 weeks. Can't wait to see what it says in a few more days :)

Ohioan

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I chose the sd card and the charger on Saturday 9/16. Got a notice last night that said it was accepted and would ship around 11/26.

Christmas present for myself!

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Just checked today and I got pushed back AGAIN. Now says will ship in 6-8 weeks! Ridiculous-unless they never had supply ava, there should be no reason why we're getting pushed back. They knew they were running this promo, so you know they'd stocked way up for it-so that can't be the issue. The only reason I can see is if somehow others are taking priority over others or they're getting a ton of actual orders for them and don't want those people having to wait. I say first registered, first served-we're all most likely the ones who were from the Note 7 ordeal so you'd think they'd want to appease the loyalists first. I'm certainly NOT saying/whining poor me here...but if it is the latter, then that's b.s. Cash in hand or give what you promised to those who've been waiting nearly a year.

I actually think they are waiting to see how the phone fair out. Remember we all that went the Note 7 disaster received our gifts fairly quick then had to send back the phones. Then comes round 2...another set of gifts and had to send those phones back too. So Samsung burned themselves twice. Don't thing their trying to relive that again.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
When I first ordered mine, it said ship date was the week of 9/24 and I was blown away at how prepared Samsung was for this promo compared to past experiences. Then I checked a few days later and it said it would ship 10/6. Then a few days later 6-8 weeks. Can't wait to see what it says in a few more days :)

Yeah. I did mine on 9/6 and went from some earlier date that I can't remember 2 days after I submitted it. Then 2 days after that it changed to 9/26 to 10/3 and been there every since. Don't mean it won't change but it's ok it is free:)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I did mine on 9/6 and went from some earlier date that I can't remember 2 days after I submitted it. Then 2 days after that it changed to 9/26 to 10/3 and been there every since. Don't mean it won't change but it's ok it is free:)

Yep, it's free. I'm in no rush. I just am no longer impressed by the whole thing like I was at first when it appeared they would have the things out quickly. But I am good with waiting.

StLucia

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone submit two phones on the promi...i ask because I am showing approved but it only shows one of my gifts. Does it look that way for everyone that has two or more phones under the promo? On the actual website it shows both of my promos but neither say approved they say under review even though the shop samsung says approved

We got two phones on the promo, but I also just got one email saying one gift is approved. I don't know what's happened with the other one. I submitted this 9/17, and have a notification that the 360 camera is shipping out 10/30. Nothing about the other gift though...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yep, it's free. I'm in no rush. I just am no longer impressed by the whole thing like I was at first when it appeared they would have the things out quickly. But I am good with waiting.

Same here. I don't know what you chose but I chose sd card and charger. I think they probably had alot choose that option more than the camera. But guess it's what happens when they have alot of note fanatics that want the note even more after the note7 mess.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I used the Shop Samsung app and registered my phone. I just got an email that said my request was accepeted (for the Micro SD card and Charger) and that my "gifts" will be mailed around Nov 17 (?!?).
Guess they are a Christmas "gift" they were referring to.