Samsung Galaxy 8+ doesn't "listen" via Bluetooth headset; uses phone microphone

A

AC Question

I have had my Samsung Galazy 8+ for 2 weeks and still cannot get it to work properly with Bluetooth headset interface. I'm using a Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth headset. There are several issues I'm having:

1. When I press the button on my headset to initiate a voice command, I receive the tone alerting me when to speak. When I give the voice command, Bixby says it can't hear me if I'm out of range of the phone's microphone. So, I am assuming that Bixby isn't listening to the voice command via the bluetooth headset, but via the phone's microphone.

2. If I set Google Voice Assistant as the default, it still doesn't work properly

3. Cortana app will interface with the bluetooth headset as expected, but due to the Android interface with the app, it doesn't have the integrated capabilities it had on my Nokia 950.

4. When the headset is turned on and connected to the phone, I still hear notifications from the phone and through the headset.

5. When the voice assistant replies via bluetooth I can barely hear it and I have volume turned up on the headset and the phone settings.

Very frustrating. I've spent more time making this phone work than I care to admit and so far I absolutely hate it.

If anyone can help with this issue I would greatly appreciate it! I've spent lots of quality time with Samsung tech support and the only thing they can recommend is resetting the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod