Samsung Galaxy - Cracked Screen Defect, not dropped, Note 3 & Note 2, S4 & S3

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have had an alarm problem on my phone and spent time on the phone first with samsung. Samsung said they only do test and repair. The sammy rep told me that the contracts they have with each carrier is that the carrier is ultimately responsible for warranty replacement of the phone. I am still dealing with this mess because sammy tech had me do a factory reset to see if it would fix my prob and it didnt then they said send it in to them and they would check and repair it. I said not possible as I have two youger children and this is my only line. That is when they explained how the warranties worked and told me to go to verizon. After a factory reset it takes about a week for me to get my phone back to how I want it. So I made it to verizon and the first thing they tell me is they will have to do a factory reset. I told them that was bull because I had done one with sammy a week ago and it didnt work. Then they told me that I could just turn off nfc which I do use and it was causing the issue. I then told them that this is a $600 phone and whether or not I use a particular part of the phone it should work regardless. I called a verizon tech last night and he looked and said the alarm I am having is a known issue but I needed to be on another line to trouble shoot. I told him that I was not gonna factory reset again. I told him I would get another line and call back in the next couple of days but to make a note on my account that I called about the issue and that he found where it is a known issue.

Sorry that was so long and not broken into paragraphs but I am aggravated with verizon and sammy. They work out deals and contracts with their "distributors" like verizon which makes it so hard to get anything repaired or replaced in order to drive the us the customer away from getting anything done in frustration.

Same thing with that knox and efuse. I have seen report pf knox being tripped and the customer did not root the phone or anything. If the efuse is blown which trips knox your warranty is voided and you as the customer have no recourse to dispute that your actions did not trip the efuse!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

marab123

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
my phone dropped and the screen is broken. I have seen various suggestions from people however I am still unaware of how they will work on my galaxy note 2. I have gone on to my cloud, I have tried to unlock it remotely (but it wont give me the option) and I am very close to trying to take it apart.

please someone help me as I m feeling very heart broken.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
My glass cracked Saturday evening. No drop, no impacts. It's in its UAG case with a spigen screen protector on it. Cracked from the upper left corner over to the top of the power button. Pen and digitizer work fine, and the display is actually still quite good unless you're off axis enough to see the light reflect in the crack. Being in the case and with the screen protector, I think it has held everything together tightly so it still works acceptably. Pisses me off though. The replacement screen unit is running about $220 right now for DIY repair.

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My glass cracked Saturday evening. No drop, no impacts. It's in its UAG case with a spigen screen protector on it. Cracked from the upper left corner over to the top of the power button. Pen and digitizer work fine, and the display is actually still quite good unless you're off axis enough to see the light reflect in the crack. Being in the case and with the screen protector, I think it has held everything together tightly so it still works acceptably. Pisses me off though. The replacement screen unit is running about $220 right now for DIY repair.

Do you have pictures of the crack? Were you charging your phone when this happened?

Posted via Android Central App

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have had an alarm problem on my phone and spent time on the phone first with samsung. Samsung said they only do test and repair. The sammy rep told me that the contracts they have with each carrier is that the carrier is ultimately responsible for warranty replacement of the phone. I am still dealing with this mess because sammy tech had me do a factory reset to see if it would fix my prob and it didnt then they said send it in to them and they would check and repair it. I said not possible as I have two youger children and this is my only line. That is when they explained how the warranties worked and told me to go to verizon. After a factory reset it takes about a week for me to get my phone back to how I want it. So I made it to verizon and the first thing they tell me is they will have to do a factory reset. I told them that was bull because I had done one with sammy a week ago and it didnt work. Then they told me that I could just turn off nfc which I do use and it was causing the issue. I then told them that this is a $600 phone and whether or not I use a particular part of the phone it should work regardless. I called a verizon tech last night and he looked and said the alarm I am having is a known issue but I needed to be on another line to trouble shoot. I told him that I was not gonna factory reset again. I told him I would get another line and call back in the next couple of days but to make a note on my account that I called about the issue and that he found where it is a known issue.

Sorry that was so long and not broken into paragraphs but I am aggravated with verizon and sammy. They work out deals and contracts with their "distributors" like verizon which makes it so hard to get anything repaired or replaced in order to drive the us the customer away from getting anything done in frustration.

Same thing with that knox and efuse. I have seen report pf knox being tripped and the customer did not root the phone or anything. If the efuse is blown which trips knox your warranty is voided and you as the customer have no recourse to dispute that your actions did not trip the efuse!

Software issues are a little easier to cover. But it's like pulling teeth to get your phone fix period!

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
my phone dropped and the screen is broken. I have seen various suggestions from people however I am still unaware of how they will work on my galaxy note 2. I have gone on to my cloud, I have tried to unlock it remotely (but it wont give me the option) and I am very close to trying to take it apart.

please someone help me as I m feeling very heart broken.

Do you have insurance on your phone?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
See at this point with it being 2 days old when you contacted best buy I would have returned it and went to another best buy and bought it from another. Sometimes it hurts more to be honest than just say that you don't want the phone and go and buy another one.

Sent from my gameboy color

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
See at this point with it being 2 days old when you contacted best buy I would have returned it and went to another best buy and bought it from another. Sometimes it hurts more to be honest than just say that you don't want the phone and go and buy another one.

Sent from my gameboy color

Thank you... within 30 days I want my phone replaced especially if I didn't cause the problem

SenorPistachio

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
So i've had my Note 3 for 4 days now. When i started using it ( extensively ) i noticed the camera area getting very hot, but i didn't think much of it.

Woke up to this : ( see attached picture. )

The crack start at the top right , 2 mm to the left of the secondary cam, to the upper left side. When you hold the phone to the side
you can clearly see that the crack , which is on the FRONT, coincides with the camera area on the back!

I'm baffled to be honest. How is this possible?! Also, the 'funny' thing is since it cracked, it doesn't get hot anymore, no matter what i try ( running a 1080p movie right now on full brightness trying to get the phone 'hot' again, not working thusfar.

Anyone else noticed the camera area getting hot?

unndass.jpg

Last edited:

dalor#AC

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Bought my phone 3 weeks ago.. love it. On week three I noticed a crack on the upper left side. I'm going through the whole run around as we speak. Looks like I might just pay 200 since I got insurance on this phone but I honestly feel like fighting this one out. This is ridiculous that this is happening with an A class top of the line expensive *** phone... yea I'm pissed too

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So i've had my Note 3 for 4 days now. When i started using it ( extensively ) i noticed the camera area getting very hot, but i didn't think much of it.

Woke up to this : ( see attached picture. )

The crack start at the top right , 2 mm to the left of the secondary cam, to the upper left side. When you hold the phone to the side
you can clearly see that the crack , which is on the FRONT, coincides with the camera area on the back!

I'm baffled to be honest. How is this possible?! Also, the 'funny' thing is since it cracked, it doesn't get hot anymore, no matter what i try ( running a 1080p movie right now on full brightness trying to get the phone 'hot' again, not working thusfar.

Anyone else noticed the camera area getting hot?

View attachment 95888

I feel your pain! And yes it is hard to get it hot again!

Nfluencedaworld

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Bought my phone 3 weeks ago.. love it. On week three I noticed a crack on the upper left side. I'm going through the whole run around as we speak. Looks like I might just pay 200 since I got insurance on this phone but I honestly feel like fighting this one out. This is ridiculous that this is happening with an A class top of the line expensive *** phone... yea I'm pissed too

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I would hold out. Did you take pictures of it. The more documentation we have the better we can build our case against Samsung!