Samsung Galaxy S7 - 1 Month Later

Ladydi1928

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Love that it's faster, battery life is longer,how the brightness of the screen automatically changes according to the brightness of your surroundings and my most favorite feature is the extra loudness button you can press after making a call or receiving a call. I'm hearing impaired and this makes a huge difference for me. I can hear a whole lot better with this feature and I hope that Samsung never ever removes this feature. I'm a loyal Samsung customer and whenever I upgrade my phone it's always to another Samsung(example: S3, S5, S7). The phone does have some definite bugs though. I find that the keyboard is finicky, especially the space bar. You've tapped it for sure but it doesn't always move.

checkmate999

May 31, 2016
Visit site

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
What size are you recording from? I have not recorded much yet on mine but i have read a review on the recording that said if you choose the FHD (60fps) you get the smoothest recording. I do not know if this is fact but thats what it said in a review. I don't know what review i read as i was gona put it down for a link but when i read it i did change my settings to what they suggested for when i try this.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
What I like? The camera, its amazing, 240fps slowmo is incredible as well.
What I dont like? They made a hash out of android, it is beyond my comprehension how could they put such a bugged android into their flagship device? I have phone since 2 days and alreayd noticed more or less annoying functionalities being broken.
1. Do not disturb settings crash, happens to a lot of people.
2. You can't add additional folders on device to sync with google photos, another widespread bug, annoys hell out of me as I always used to sync every single damn photo/image/screenshot folder with my google drive.

amoshani

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I moved to the S7 after owning an LG G3.
The S7 is obviously a very good phone. Its main advantages over the LG are its camea and the fact it does not heat up.
However, my impression is that the Samsung Android version is somewhat less flexible/user-friendly than the LG one. Most are quite minor, but still annoying disadvantages such as:
- Less icons on the lock screen
- Lack of looping option for home screen
- Inability to pick a wall paper photo from the cloud
- Lack of formatting buttons on the memo app
- Delivery report (messaging app) appears as a new message (rather than a V)
- Uncustomizable samsung keyboard
- S Planner app: Weak zooming, inability to view a meeting that transcends midnight except as an all-day (week view)
- Weaker dual-photo feature
- Lack of a multi-contact quick contacts widget
Plus, i feel that user's face recognition is somewhat weaker (i.e. I have to reopen the screen several times for continuos reading)
i would really like samsung to fix those minor issues

Kevin Hill2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I didn't make it a month, nice looking phone, wonderful screen,and the absolute worst speaker I have ever heard, thought it was just a bad unit but my friends phones sound the same, I'm sure it has something to do with the waterproofing, But, I can put up with a lot of deficiencies, but that one is a deal breaker for me, the phone sounds like it has been kidnapped and someone put a sock in it's mouth. Went with the G5 and i'm a happy camper.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't make it a month, nice looking phone, wonderful screen,and the absolute worst speaker I have ever heard, thought it was just a bad unit but my friends phones sound the same, I'm sure it has something to do with the waterproofing, But, I can put up with a lot of deficiencies, but that one is a deal breaker for me, the phone sounds like it has been kidnapped and someone put a sock in it's mouth. Went with the G5 and i'm a happy camper.

Aye, speaker itself might not be THAT bad (tho its poor compared to my s6) but god its positioning is terrible! I keep covering it with my finger whenever I watch something or play games..

Kendrick brown

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
@All - Need your feedback here. For everyone already rocking a Samsung Galaxy S7, chances are you're 1 month in with the device. I want to know what you like, and what you dislike.

IMPORTANT: You can reply here, but if you want to be a featured fan in our 1-Month later YouTube video, hit us up on Twitter and Instagram with your comment in the form of a video... and make sure you use the hashtag #SamsungGS7AC.

So - what do you like and dislike about the Samsung Galaxy S7? Let's hear it!

The phone is "better" than the s5, and Way better than the s6 just bc of the SD card, one problem I've noticed in the past few days is Wi-Fi is dropping when "aod" is on and connecting when I unlock the screen now though, smart network switch is literally using my data when display is off. So far thats the main downside... Well that and I can't root it so far.. Any suggestions? Running off AT&T and I'm not factory resetting. I'm not stupid enough to reset my phone every time it does something they should patch. Just saying.

airos4

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't buy this phone again. The screen is beautiful and I like the ergonomics, but the speaker (like for speakerphone, or listening to music) is horrible. it gimps OK Google and only responds to the commands sometimes. The wifi constantly drops on strong signal areas, and the worst part is the battery. I literally have to throw it on the charger at least twice to get through a 16 hour day without being below 25%. I came from a Droid Turbo and I knew there would be some penalty, but this is ridiculous.

Hawgfan486

May 29, 2016
Visit site
The phone is "better" than the s5, and Way better than the s6 just bc of the SD card, one problem I've noticed in the past few days is Wi-Fi is dropping when "aod" is on and connecting when I unlock the screen now though, smart network switch is literally using my data when display is off. So far thats the main downside... Well that and I can't root it so far.. Any suggestions? Running off AT&T and I'm not factory resetting. I'm not stupid enough to reset my phone every time it does something they should patch. Just saying.

What option do you have selected for the setting "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep"? Any chance it was changed to something other than Always? Probably not that but you never know..

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't buy this phone again. The screen is beautiful and I like the ergonomics, but the speaker (like for speakerphone, or listening to music) is horrible. it gimps OK Google and only responds to the commands sometimes. The wifi constantly drops on strong signal areas, and the worst part is the battery. I literally have to throw it on the charger at least twice to get through a 16 hour day without being below 25%. I came from a Droid Turbo and I knew there would be some penalty, but this is ridiculous.

Have you tried a full factory reset for the battery? I was having the same experience as you and couldn't believe how quickly the battery drained. Others said to reset, but it is such a pain in the rear to reload and set up everything and I didn't believe it would work anyway. Finally did a reset for another reason and spent the time rebuilding the phone. Now my battery life is terrific. I can't believe the difference - like night and day.

Hawgfan486

May 29, 2016
Visit site
For those who want better battery life, I strongly recommend Forcedoze. It'll save huge amounts of battery life while the screen is off and therefore increasing your screen on time just by not using so much battery while your phone is idle. I was averaging about 4 and a half hours screen on time before, after I got Forcedoze up and running correctly I have been getting an extra hour screen in time at minimum. Yesterday I had 23 hours and 20 mins total time on battery with 6 hours 40 mins screen on time, with a Galaxy S7 snapdragon (non-Edge)

I also did a factory reset the day before installing ForceDoze, so that might've contributed to it also. I would post a screenshot of my battery from yesterday but don't see an option to add an image from my phone?

Last edited:

Samsungmom33

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
@All - Need your feedback here. For everyone already rocking a Samsung Galaxy S7, chances are you're 1 month in with the device. I want to know what you like, and what you dislike.

IMPORTANT: You can reply here, but if you want to be a featured fan in our 1-Month later YouTube video, hit us up on Twitter and Instagram with your comment in the form of a video... and make sure you use the hashtag #SamsungGS7AC.

So - what do you like and dislike about the Samsung Galaxy S7? Let's hear it!

When I'm at work, I set my Galaxy S7 to Mute, however I frequently find its volume is automatically turned back on without my turning it on. Then if I attempt to use my phone (but leave it muted), at some point the volume once again turns itself on. So frustrating! What is the problem??

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
For those who want better battery life, I strongly recommend Forcedoze. It'll save huge amounts of battery life while the screen is off and therefore increasing your screen on time just by not using so much battery while your phone is idle. I was averaging about 4 and a half hours screen on time before, after I got Forcedoze up and running correctly I have been getting an extra hour screen in time at minimum. Yesterday I had 23 hours and 20 mins total time on battery with 6 hours 40 mins screen on time, with a Galaxy S7 snapdragon (non-Edge)

I also did a factory reset the day before installing ForceDoze, so that might've contributed to it also. I would post a screenshot of my battery from yesterday but don't see an option to add an image from my phone?

23h 20m... Thats it? is that normal for an S7? i get 40 hours minimum with 8 hours screen time lots of camera and low signal no wifi, with NFC on, bluetooth on, GPS always on, wifi off on S7 Active. Highest was 44 hours with 8 hours screen on time; thats with only greenify and app killer pro on; havent even set up Tasker profiles yet; and thats with leaving everything on in areas with little to no signal. Even out of box no tweaks i hit 34 hours with 8 hours of screen time.

23 hours is appallingly bad; no offense. Have you tried setting up auto-save power using greenify? i havent even set up tasker to autokill all apps on screen off yet and im getting 38-42 hours with 8 hours of solid screen on time in the daytime.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I only had my phone for a week. My battery life was horrible but everything was ok. Phone is a little laggy when I go in and out of apps and the keyboard. Maybe it was Samsung Keyboard issue... I switched out to the Google keyboard instead and the keys input seem to be responding a little faster.

I did a cache partition wipe yesterday night to see if it will resolve the battery issue. It seems to be working? Maybe for the ones that are having terrible batter life, you should try that first.

rsrocha

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I have my S7 for a week now and i got to be honest with you guys:

The quality, fit and finish, screen and hardware are top of the line but... the software is what kills this phone.
Samsung ruined the andoroid experience with touchwiz. All those "advanced" features are just gimmicks and dont work well. There are lots of bugs and i dont feel good spending 700 euros and get the "you have to wait for updates" answer. And believe me i had lots of samsung phones over these years since the S2 and never came across with something so "unfinished" software wise.

Just a few:

-The always on display only gives alert of missed calls and text messages. No email notification even when using the samsung email app.
-Contact syncing and management is broken. This morning had duplicates that were really not duplicates and contacts that start with "D" were on the "F" slot.
-Call quality is subpar. The sound is muffled even with HD voice.
-You buy a 32gb phone with only 19gb available. There is so much crap running in the background that now i know why it has 4gb of ram. Also the ram is always 2/3 full and gets full very fast.

I am going to return it over the weekend and think wisely what phone to get.

Pghguy100

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Battery life can be easily solved if phone manufacturers would bring back the ability to replace the battery. I'm still sporting my S5 and loving it.

Mike202020

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy S7 since May, and I can tall you it is the best phone experience I've had. Coming from my S4, the stock storage space was much better (32GB vs 16GB), and I also put in a fast 64GB microSD in as well. Lots of room for music, videos, photos, and more!
I have used, or more like abused, the water resistant certification, with no problems. I have gone swimming is pools with my S7 plenty of times, used it for underwater photos. I also took it on a trip to the water park, and everyone was looking hard at me while I swam in the wave pool or in the lazy river.
I also love the fast Qi wireless charging as well. I can charge the massive battery from 1% to 100% in no more than an hour and a half. Also, since the micro USB port cannot be used when wet, the wireless charging comes in extra handy when I spent a day at the pool.
Samsung Pay and the Fingerprint Reader are excellent to. I set unlock as well as Samsung Pay to Fingerprint reading, and it is quick and easy. I have both thumbs and index fingers registered. Also, Samsung Pay is accepted at practically every card reader, and sometimes has rewards events. (I managed to get $80 in Nike gift cards for using it, and I bought me some new shoes!)
The screen is amazingly crisp and clear, something I've come to expect from Samsung, and the camera is amazing as well, although I cannot use its full potential on Snapchat due to them not caring about Android users.
Amazing phone, worth the price no doubt, and I can flame iPhone users who think their phone is the best ever with my own Galaxy.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Had mine for almost 2 weeks now. I have 2 more days to decide whether I'm going to keep it or not. I'm really on the fence. Love the screen of course, camera is great (except for plastic looking selfies) Touchwiz has been improved even though I put Nova Launcher on it. Quick charging is awesome. Customization is nice even though i havent done as much customizing as I thought I would besides Nova.

That cons are the battery life..coming from an iPhone 6s Plus it cant compare. The most was 4 hours SoT and that was once. I usually average about 3.5. I know the edge version has a better battery but I dont like the edge panels. Social media apps like Snapchat and Twitter work much better on the iOS and get the latest updates first. Most of the android apps i've tried lack the polish and/or functionality of their iPhone counterparts. And because of the way android runs seems like im always checking whats running in the background..have to force close apps or download some type of battery tool just to get optimal performance. People on here talk about clearing cache partitions or doing factory resets. I dont want to have to do all of that to get my phone working like its supposed to. Like I said im still on the fence because there are thing that I really enjoy on this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia