Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Verizon Visual Voicemail

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone. Does the S7 have visual voicemail provided by Samsung like Apple does for the iPhone or is this something I'll need to pay Verizon for?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail

Coming from the iPhone. Does the S7 have visual voicemail provided by Samsung like Apple does for the iPhone or is this something I'll need to pay Verizon for?

I've never seen Samsung offer visual voicemail on a Verizon phone. You can use Google Voice for free visual voicemail though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

For a while now on the Samsung phones, the basic vvm is free. Premium vvm which includes voice to text will cost $2.99/mo

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Awesome thanks everyone! I just want simple VVM so I'm really glad to know the simple version is free. Excellent!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The voice to text is the primary reason I switched to GV many years ago.
I don't want to give Verizon $2.99 more... Not because it would break the bank... But more of on principal. Charging for bs. I don't have a texting plan either.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

I don't want to give Verizon $2.99 more... Not because it would break the bank... But more of on principal. Charging for bs. I don't have a texting plan either.

Exactly. That's why I use GV instead of paying Verizon $3 a month for something I can get for free from Google.

Jayq330

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't see this anywhere on the internet, but I'm able to get to my voicemail the Android's visual VM...I need the Google visual voicemail to activate *VVM in call log history* & it's works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't load the message & you can't hear it. I'm sure a dev can fix this, but nowhere in the web have i seen any case native Androidd VVM for galaxy s7, what they assume is Android native is the third party crapware. Their isn't enough known of this, so barely no one knows this can be done & to to it if it's the very same Android VVM UI that was recently shown to be in the Android M. So yeah we can have native VVM & not the third party crap, if only more people knew about this.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I only get regular voice mail on s7. If I press visual voice mail in application drawer it tells me I have to pay 2.99. What's up? How do I fix?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The VVM in the Apps drawer might take you to Verizon's Premium Voice Mail, which costs $2.99. I don't have that app on my VZW S7e. I have the regular VM app. Look for red icon with a white VM graphic, labeled Voice Mail.

VM.png

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The rules here don't allow the posting of APKs or direct APK links. You should be able to find something with a Google search though.

Good luck.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The app says it isn't getting VVM data from Verizon. How do you correct this?

The problem may not be on your phone, but on an account setting on Verizon's end.

I had some difficulty setting up VM with my LG G4 last winter. I did everything right on the phone, but still had no VM. I called Verizon tech support, and they hit a switch or something and made it work.

Carol Adams

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Visual voice mail may be free on S7 but it doesn't work. I get an error saying "Sorry we ran into a problem with your order. Please call customer service at 800 922-0204 from a different phone to complete your order." i don't have a different phone and when I call I just get recordings that don't address the issue.

Carol Adams

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Visual voice mail may be free on S7 but it doesn't work. I get an error saying "Sorry we ran into a problem with your order. Please call customer service at 800 922-0204 from a different phone to complete your order." i don't have a different phone and when I call I just get recordings that don't address the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dndman