Samsung power saving mode

AM759

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
On my S4 there is a power savings mode. I've used it a few times and im not sure if it's worth using. Could somebody tell me if it makes a big difference or if it not. Also it says that it limits the performance of the cpu and I was wondering how much. Thanks for the help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On my S4 there is a power savings mode. I've used it a few times and im not sure if it's worth using. Could somebody tell me if it makes a big difference or if it not. Also it says that it limits the performance of the cpu and I was wondering how much. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forums!
Honestly, I am not sure how much that can save. I would guess a fair amount, by just limiting performance of the CPU, but I don't know exactly how much. Samsung used to have a power save feature that would let you customize screen brightness, turning off radios, and a couple other things, but for some reason got rid of that and put the current one in it's place. I liked the older one better.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On my S4 and Note 8.0 I have Power Save enabled and while it limits max CPU frequency it hasn't hurt performance for the way I use gadgets. I'm sure how much extra battery time it has gotten me, if any, but I'd say try it and see if it affect performance or battery life in a way you notice.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

AM759

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I am not sure how much that can save. I would guess a fair amount, by just limiting performance of the CPU, but I don't know exactly how much. Samsung used to have a power save feature that would let you customize screen brightness, turning off radios, and a couple other things, but for some reason got rid of that and put the current one in it's place. I liked the older one better.

Thanks for the relpy. Too bad it doesnt still have those features.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You may want to check out Juice Defender too. It can "intelligently" enable/disable radios which may help eek out a few more minutes of battery life.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You may want to check out Juice Defender too. It can "intelligently" enable/disable radios which may help eek out a few more minutes of battery life.

I use Juice Defender and have been happy with it. I'm using the Lux app to control brightness rather than Juice Defender, however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia