Samsung ripped Note 20 buyers off in 2020...

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
You know when you buy a flagship Samsung that you’re getting an incremental upgrade. It’s been that way for years. Nothing has changed. Don’t buy it if you don’t think it’s worth it, or return it if you have buyers remorse. If you choose to keep it then enjoy your shiny new phone and don’t look back. The next “big thing” is always going to be 6 months away.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I keep seeing the mention of the ram size being the same as the Note 10+ and not being an upgrade. Yet, I've not seen one mention of the fact that the Note 10+ used LPDDR4 and the Note 20 Ultra has LPDDR5 which is faster with better latency.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sticking with my N10+ since expected I would return it. First year I skipped. The five X optical zoom would be nice, but N10 is fast enough and great battery life. Speakers seems to sound a tad better than the N20 Ultra, which surprised me.

If the N20 Ultra had a flat display like the N20, I'd of jumped since that's the only ding I have with the N10+. The curves makes no functional sense on the Note and the curves reflect and distort. No micro SD on the N20 though. Need that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this will put the SD model / Exynos model debate to rest??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmvfzDTywt4
I'm not sure it puts anything to rest but what's your take it?

One thing puzzling to me until someone explains it, is why there is a difference in photo output which I wasn't aware of and haven't heard anyone mention. Also true for the S20 so if someone mentioned it in the past I wasn't aware.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel Samsung ripped us off this year with all the cost cutting and downgrades.

Let's see what they removed or downgraded. I'm referencing the Note 20 Ultra.

-Major downgrade from 256gb to 128gb
-Big downgrade in charging speed from 45w to 25w
-Big downgrade in the front camera from 40mp to 10mp
-Big downgrade in extra memory when you buy the extra storage. 12gb instead of 16gb that you got with the Note 10 and S20 Ultra
-Removal of the factory installed screen protecter

Not so important but other cost cuts
-no AKG headphones
-No S pen tip removal tool
-No S pen tip replacements

Don't get me wrong, the Note 20 Ultra is the best phone in the world but with so several downgrades & cost cuts along with the biggest price increase in Note history, I feel we were all sheep this year like our iPhone friends. Samsung is testing the limits in how much they can charge us along with cost cuts. This reminds me of 2015 with the Note 5 when so many features were removed. That was the only Note since the Note II I didn't own.

I'm sure a lot of this has to do with Qualcomm forcing Samsung to buy 2 chips because of the 5G which really doesn't make sense since the mid-level chips have modem and CPU on 1 chip. As one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world Samsung shouldn't have let Qualcomm do this.

I feel like Samsung ripped us off in 2020. We're sheep this year but I'm optimistic that 2021 will be much better with a 5nm SOC Snapdragon

Note to Samsung. Keep your free accessories and put that money into a phone with specs to the max.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-series-cost-cutting-measures-desperate/

How does one get ripped off if those things were in “plain sight”??

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
iPhone users justify getting less by saying they don't need features that were cut.

Last year the Note 10+ was $1,100 for 256gb.

This year the Note 20 with more than 128gb is $1,450. We all got ripped. Don't be a sheep. I admit it. But dont be like an iPhone buyer and say ok, yes Apple. how much? Ok.

Being an iPhone enthusiast I’m offended by your comment I buy my iPhones in the hopes of it being jailbroken so it can be more customizable as Android somewhat. Even with the new features of iOS 14, I still will buy one or two in hopes of a jailbreak that being said, I LOVE all my notes (1, 5, 8, 9, 20 Ultra) mainly because of the s pen but I’m even now wanting more customization in at least one area I’m not sure can be done - much MORE icons on the dock. I think someone on here said I could get up to 9.... I also love my Note 20 Ultra because it’s my first 5g (5g+ on AT&T) which my city has!!

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
EVERY SINGLE SPECIFICATION was and has been listed PRIOR to purchasing. So if you bought it, why complain about it's features good or bad? Step #2 if you pre-ordered so you could "have it now" Instead of waiting for reviews later when it's been tested in real life scenarios, would you complain about any problems you are having (build quality, etc). Don't get me wrong though. People need to know these things in step #2. And we are grateful for the information. It helps others to determine the best thing for them, AHEAD of the purchase. It also helps people to see if there's new information that's helpful for what they bought already. But complaining about it is illogical. I pre-ordered mine. I don't have it yet. But I won't complain about it for no "screen protector" or any defects because it's wanted it now. I studied the relevant information. Just the facts mam, is my motto.

Exactly. That’s like me buying all four iPhone 12s knowing full well three ‘might not’ have mmwave 5g. I’ll wait for the announcement and if only the pro Max has it, I’ll buy it on Verizon (if it supports Verizon’s low band) OR on T-Mobile. If all four have mmwave I’ll buy maybe three as I’d love a much smaller phone WITH 5g love!!

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Still doesn't justify the fact that Samsung robbed us this year. Even if you don't use or dont notice the extra features, they should be there! That's the whole point of the note series. Everything but the kitchen sink. As a long time Samsung loyalist, I'm extremely disappointed. The Note 20 ultra is way too big and ugly ( horrendous camera bump) for me. The flat, less storage, lower display N20 gives me zero reason to upgrade from my N10. Thumbs down samsung. The only thing I'm getting this year is the buds live, finally something that fits my ears. Lol

Robbed us? So they broke into your house, took your money and left this ‘sucky’ phone in your toilet?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you list the features Apple cut that make your argument here that compares to the list you created? And I’m not talking about the headphones since you don’t care about it here too... I’m talking hardware on phone.

Yes they removed the headphone jack. If you really care about it I’ll give you that one point. I always kept the headsets in box and went to Bluetooth no issues.

But looking at their flagship, has Apple ever went down in ram or storage in the next year to keep their price point? Downgrade cameras? Even the charger?

I don’t think so. If anything they add and look at their prices... barely a raised year over year over year. While we as Samsung owners just take the price hikes and accept their reasoning it’s because adding 5G is costly when we see competitors that still sell high spec phones for less than 1k or we take the price hike while they take away hardware specs.

I wonder who the sheep really are?

But we do know what we are getting before buying so if you do t like it don’t buy. Me I know what I bought so.... baaa baaa baaa. :)

OP would be better off with the s20
Ultra. That’s the one with 108mp periscope thing etc? I had it for a split second

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the IR Blaster! Flossy still can't get over it. Samsung was telling their users, "You don't need it" way before Apple.

Come on... give me more!

Don't make me take off the gloves and say... REMOVEABLE BATTERY! :eek:

Edit: I have to say sorry for last comment... I know... low blow. :(

I would DIE for an iPhone with a removable battery!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Being an iPhone enthusiast I’m offended by your comment I buy my iPhones in the hopes of it being jailbroken so it can be more customizable as Android somewhat. Even with the new features of iOS 14, I still will buy one or two in hopes of a jailbreak that being said, I LOVE all my notes (1, 5, 8, 9, 20 Ultra) mainly because of the s pen but I’m even now wanting more customization in at least one area I’m not sure can be done - much MORE icons on the dock. I think someone on here said I could get up to 9.... I also love my Note 20 Ultra because it’s my first 5g (5g+ on AT&T) which my city has!!
I don't want to turn this into Apple verses Android, but I just wish Apple didn't take so long to adopt improvents or enhancements that have been made to Android software and hardware for quite some time. On the other hand I'd also like to see them not be so territorial with stuff exclusive to their ecosystem.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to turn this into Apple verses Android, but I just wish Apple didn't take so long to adopt improvents or enhancements that have been made to Android software and hardware for quite some time. On the other hand I'd also like to see them not be so territorial with stuff exclusive to their ecosystem.

I don’t mind Apple being Apple but like I said they will NEVER stop the jailbreak scene. Right now there’s some proof that iOS 14 can be jailbroken but it’s not for sure it’ll be released. I’ll buy their phones and use them (as I usually carry with me an iPhone and a Note) both until I can really enjoy my iPhone :) that’s the beauty of having choices on which phones to buy or not. I carry around the best of both worlds.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
You know when you buy a flagship Samsung that you’re getting an incremental upgrade. It’s been that way for years. Nothing has changed. Don’t buy it if you don’t think it’s worth it, or return it if you have buyers remorse. If you choose to keep it then enjoy your shiny new phone and don’t look back. The next “big thing” is always going to be 6 months away.

I LOVE my note 20 Ultra and I LOVE it more with the sweet trade in deal AT&T has/had

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don’t mind Apple being Apple but like I said they will NEVER stop the jailbreak scene. Right now there’s some proof that iOS 14 can be jailbroken but it’s not for sure it’ll be released. I’ll buy their phones and use them (as I usually carry with me an iPhone and a Note) both until I can really enjoy my iPhone :) that’s the beauty of having choices on which phones to buy or not. I carry around the best of both worlds.
Yeah...I carry iphone for work. It just does certain enterprise solutions better, though Android has gotten better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred