Says I have 13 viruses on my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

An app says that I have 13 viruses on my phone and it wants me to download a certain cleaner should I download it or do we have something different better that's not mine says

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! No, that's fake. It's a browser popup ad designed to fool you into downloading something that itself is the likely malware. These ads are typically associated with the website you're visiting, although sometimes they may also be due to an app you installed.

DO NOT AGREE TO THE DOWNLOAD. If you're on a browser, make sure to avoid that website from now on.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In other words, that popup saying you have viruses is about as trustworthy as a stranger walking up to you on the street and telling you the same thing without ever looking at your phone.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
In other words, that popup saying you have viruses is about as trustworthy as a stranger walking up to you on the street and telling you the same thing without ever looking at your phone.
Bingo!!!!!!

Check your app list in settings. Likely, it's the first app on your list. It'll probably be just a blank space above your first listed app. It's hiding so that you think it's nothing. Click on that blank space and uninstall.

If not, scroll through your app list and uninstall what you didn't install....lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter