Screen darkening when I'm setting to take a pic?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Just started a couple weeks ago and I've had the phone for months now. Love taking pics as is obvious in the ones I post. But when it is light outside, meaning sunny, the view I am looking at goes darker. Not so dark I cannot see but dark enough that it is not light enough for me. Does not seem to interfere with taking the pic but it is irritating. Did I change a setting somewhere and not know it?

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
When you're taking the picture, are you blocking the light sensor near the front-facing camera with your hand? That might cause the phone to think you're no longer in such bright sunlight, and automatically adjust the brightness down.
Possible I guess but this started happening after hundreds of pics I've already taken. I'll have to pay attention.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just started a couple weeks ago and I've had the phone for months now. Love taking pics as is obvious in the ones I post. But when it is light outside, meaning sunny, the view I am looking at goes darker. Not so dark I cannot see but dark enough that it is not light enough for me. Does not seem to interfere with taking the pic but it is irritating. Did I change a setting somewhere and not know it?
Make sure no power saving mode on /extra screen dimming in notification panel and also try safe mode if it is still happening

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Go into your camera as if you're going to take a photo. Hit the little cog at the top of your screen for camera settings. You should find it there.
Like I say, it isn't there.
9d6d89b6b5b8ae9d6fdec963c9afe666.jpg

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You have Camera assistant download from Good Lock?
8a5e1e635be11b47b7e02c178fc1bc2c.jpg
No, that's the whole point. I said that it was from a goodlock module a few posts back, and am getting argued with about it. Believe it or not I'm not just continuing because I enjoy the argument, but because (unintentionally) trying to gaslight the OP into believing a setting is there and they just can't find it isn't going to help them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, that's the whole point. I said that it was from a goodlock module a few posts back, and am getting argued with about it. Believe it or not I'm not just continuing because I enjoy the argument, but because (unintentionally) trying to gaslight the OP into believing a setting is there and they just can't find it isn't going to help them.
I have to see if i uninstall the module if it still shows up in my settings, we just trying figure out why some have it and others dont , i dont doubt anyone when they say something until they prove otherwise.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to see if i uninstall the module if it still shows up in my settings, we just trying figure out why some have it and others dont , i dont doubt anyone when they say something until they prove otherwise.
It wasn't you I was referring to. It's there if you have the module and dissapears if you uninstall it, that was my point. OP clearly doesn't have it installed.,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred