bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My screen seems to be doing well but the factory installed screen protector on the inner screen seems to be degrading. At the very top it looks like the screen protector is starting to ever so slightly peel up and if you look really close at the crease there's 4 or 5 lines going across the whole screen, I'm assuming that's the screen protector also. You can only see the lines in direct sunlight or with a bright white background. Never had this issue with the Fold 2, not sure what's going on with my Fold 3. Bought brand new from Sammy when it was released.
Sounds like what mine did. Samsung support made a appointment for me at UBreakIFix to get it replaced. Next thing I know they were replacing the whole inner screen. I'm not sure if it's a defect of the protector or the actual screen. Mine looked as though it was lifting on the crease only and it was a few inches from the top of the screen down. I'm hoping it doesn't do it with the one that got replaced. Time will tell I guess.

Here was a picture of what mine looked like, is it what yours looks like?
99aa0134d12c79709483adff38399c77.jpg

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Sounds like what mine did. Samsung support made a appointment for me at UBreakIFix to get it replaced. Next thing I know they were replacing the whole inner screen. I'm not sure if it's a defect of the protector or the actual screen. Mine looked as though it was lifting on the crease only and it was a few inches from the top of the screen down. I'm hoping it doesn't do it with the one that got replaced. Time will tell I guess.

Here was a picture of what mine looked like, is it what yours looks like?
99aa0134d12c79709483adff38399c77.jpg

Ohhhh no no no lol mine is literally a maybe 1/4" of the screen protector raising up at the very top of the screen. I definitely wouldn't have been using that phone anymore lol. Mine looks very similar to this.... https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/q7d7c2/z_fold_3_screen_protector_peeling_on_top_along/

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why people have so many issues with the Stock screen protectors. I have BOTH of mine on still from factory and NO peeling or lifting or anything and I have had my phone since late Aug.

I use/carry this thing like I did with my N20U... Pocket when out and about, no babying or doing anything special. :(

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why people have so many issues with the Stock screen protectors. I have BOTH of mine on still from factory and NO peeling or lifting or anything and I have had my phone since late Aug.

I use/carry this thing like I did with my N20U... Pocket when out and about, no babying or doing anything special. :(
Idk about anyone else but I carry mine as well like a normal phone. It just happened. I do not abuse my phones at all. All I can figure was something defective. After they corrected it , I h a vent had any issues yet with the new screen and protector.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, mine hasn't done that but I will be keeping an eye out for it. First instance of that and I'm bringing it to Samsung. I imagine that would be covered by the Samsung Premium Care? I believe otherwise they do replace it but not sure how much...

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, mine hasn't done that but I will be keeping an eye out for it. First instance of that and I'm bringing it to Samsung. I imagine that would be covered by the Samsung Premium Care? I believe otherwise they do replace it but not sure how much...
It's covered. I didn't have to pay any deductible

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's covered. I didn't have to pay any deductible
To be determined if warranty issue. After year it won't be warranty for sure. This is why I say don't take the installed screen protector off, with Samsung you don't want to give them any reason to shift blame to us, even if they say removing it doesn't void the warranty, I can see them saying removing it wrong caused the damage.

The screen bending gives the fold phones a good reason to upgrade every year IMO. That's the problem with the folds, right now they are to expensive to upgrade every year and I wouldn't want to buy a used one that's over a year old. So people that want long term phones, the folds may not be for them, the jury is still out on this IMO. For me, I'll probably upgrade every year and trade in. If they do away with the under screen camera then I'll keep the fold 3 and plan on screen replacement down the road.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you just respond to bkeaver who said it was covered and didn't have to pay a deductible? I believe he was responding to my question about Samsung Premium care coverage and cost for this.
Yes, I said if determined to be warranty. I'm just clarifying the deductible is if not warranty is all.

XTERM1NADOR

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just started experiencing the OEM screen protector unsticking right in the middle, mainly the lower half. Pics coming soon. it's never been dropped, submerged or anything like that. I've had it pretty much since about launch day so I was kinda bummed the screen started to come undone.