Security?

famedflea

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about security for this phone. I have seekdroid, incase I lose it.

just wondering what you use and why?

thanks and also, is security really needed on these?

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I use Lookout..works well for me. Has security scans, and remote lock and erase features. I think for a monthly premium, you can also use a feature called 'privacy adviser' which tells you what apps have access to your location/contacts etc. Another premium feature screens every website you visit as well.

If you don't like that, you can use the htcsense.com , but I don't think it is fully operational/dependable yet. Sprint also has an app available called the 'total equipment protection app'. It does the whole find your phone thing, lock/erase, backs up data, and also you can set location check ins every 15min and so on. Think you need to have their protection plan on your line though.

Sure there are others but those are the ones I have tried..As for security, I do not use any of the security/virus protection apps or features in some of these applications. Don't really think it is necessary.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried SmrtGuard? I have been using it on my BB for years and will see how the Android version is when I switch to the 3D next week. Looking forward to coming to Android and the 3D!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Lookout. I have it on all of my phones. A while back there was a news story posted where a woman's stolen car was recovered because they used Lookout to track it. Of course, another good security measure is common sense...be aware of where your phone is at all times and be careful what you download. I am one of those who takes the time to read the permissions and if they seem too invasive or there doesn't seem to be a good reason for them then I just don't download the app. Also, look for reviews by reputable sources, like this site :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967