Shortcuts on Nova launcher don't work.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am using moonreader pro, a bookreading app, that allows me to have a massive 1500 book library. It also allows me to create shortcuts on my desktop.
I am using nova launcher pro.
I have been using this combination for 4 years now, changed 3 phones.
I want to be able to save the desktop layout on nova launcher(backup) and restore it incase i have to do a factory reset or phone change.
It used to work in the past, I would save the layout on nova launcher, delete everything on the phone, backup the book files(they are saved in a separate folder on the internal storage) , then restore this folder to its exact old location, reinstall the nova launcher layout or backup or however it's called, and voila, it would work. I would have 1000 shortcuts or so on my 7 or so home screens and I could click on any book shortcut and it would open without any problem.

Now, I changed to note 9 2 years ago, in the past I had a zte axon 7, now I do the exact same routine, it doesn't work. The OLD shortcuts that I have created on the axon 7( the old phone) they work on the note9, but whenever I download new books and create new shortcuts, if I backup the layout and delete and restore it, it doesn't work anymore. The new shortcuts don't work, i get a new notification to the bottom of the screen saying "app isn't installed". I beleive its called a toast or something.

I tried the same thing with the samsung tab s6, same thing.
How do I fix this?I know there is a way around this, since the old shortcuts from my first phone WORK, but I can't make new ones...
Please help me asap, I have to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe