Show off your optimus cover & cases

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone bought cases yet?? Please share some close up pics!

Update: Here's mine

$6 Black Rubberized Hard Case on ebay. I'm pleased

P1100521Medium.jpg

P1100519Medium.jpg

P1100517Medium.jpg

Last edited:

guzzler

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am using silicone case from ebay.....protection wise its good....but a lot thicker than i expected adding bulk.
...also a dirt magnet....what not sticks to it when i take it out of my pocket.....acts as a lint remover and cleans my jeans pocket...lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

cheezeit

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought my case off ebay for 6 bucks shipped. It's a smoked hard plastic case. Fits really well and feels of good quality. Also got a screen protector for a buck.

IMAG00081.jpg

IMAG00091.jpg

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been eying those smoked hard plastic cases. Doesn't look half bad. A lot nicer than expected actually. Think you could grab overall measurements (HxWxD) with it on? In millimeters would be ideal to compare to other phones and cradles to see if it'd fit while protected, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks!

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
That smoked one doesnt look that bad. Ive been watching them ones on ebay. Im waiting for an otterbox or someone to come out with those silicone ones with a holster to go with it thats what I really want.

cheezeit

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
@ cmags: Here's a pic of it compared to a phone without the case:

IMAG00111.jpg

I took a quick measurement and I'd say the max dimensions are 63x 116 x 16 mm with the case on. In general, the case is about 1-2mm thick.

@strra: Why yes i did ;) This phone is so much better than the touch pro!

@weenerdog: Yeah, I wasn't expecting much for $6 but this has totally satisfied me. It's very sturdy, with no creaking when squeezed and the two halves clamp together so tightly that it took me a couple minutes to wrestle it apart to put on a screen protector. I carry my phone in my pocket so I needed a hard case that wouldn't stick.

buckeye_jeff

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried or seen one of the Body Glove cases? I like idea of the texture grip. Looks like it might prevent the phone from sliding around on a smooth surface.

c1phr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried or seen one of the Body Glove cases? I like idea of the texture grip. Looks like it might prevent the phone from sliding around on a smooth surface.

That's what I'm using right now. The grip is nice, but it can still slide around due to the slightly raised plastic where it says "Body Glove" along the bottom. It does add a bit of size to the phone, but I have large hands and the extra size was actually a good thing for me, weight feels about the same.

It feels like it protects the phone fairly well, and I've never had an issue where the case has inhibited any normal use of buttons/ports.

Reactions: buckeye_jeff

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

I have the bodyglove case and absolutely love it. Great purchase IMHO. The grip is awesome and i have a couple of friends who have seen it and wished it was available for their phone.

FYI - Sprint customer service game me 25% off the case (without purchasing anything else) and gave me free overnight shipping. You might want to try your luck at tele-sales and see if they can hook you up.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using mine with the black skull ace of spades.

Also have a Blue skull one coming in the mail.

Pretty cheap on e-bay - anywhere from $5-8 shipped.

Also got a couple of xtreme screen protectors for like $3 shipped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mallory Knocks