sick of people asking me about my "iwatch" :)

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ha! I came here to post the same. The first time this happened, this girl asked me if it was the new Apple watch and I looked down at my wrist to see if we were meaning the same device. I was like, no, it's a Samsung watch. Her answer was "oh but it looks JUST like the Apple watch".
It was followed by a short conversation of her telling me that oh yeah, the Apple watch is too expensive anyway (as if that explained why I was wearing a cheaper watch (?) and me telling her that mine had a built in GPS and can make calls all by itself. I don't think she was listening, she had that airhead look on her face. I think she was phantasizing about owning an Apple watch.

The same thing happened to me when the iPhone first came out and suddenly my HTC was no longer some big slab but the iPone. Sheeesh.

I do like the fact that wearables are no longer a niche now, with every joe and jane suddently taking interest. Only good things will come out of this.

But it's like mf* I BEEN wearing this for 6 months and you NOW noticing it. So damn annoying.
Exactly!

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If the Apple watch had a SIM card onboard it wouldn't have been called overkill on the S.
It's just the way it is.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Once Apple add a SIM card in a few years then it want be overkill in fact everyone will think it was just invented & it's a great idea.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Ha! I came here to post the same. The first time this happened, this girl asked me if it was the new Apple watch and I looked down at my wrist to see if we were meaning the same device. I was like, no, it's a Samsung watch. Her answer was "oh but it looks JUST like the Apple watch".
It was followed by a short conversation of her telling me that oh yeah, the Apple watch is too expensive anyway (as if that explained why I was wearing a cheaper watch (?) and me telling her that mine had a built in GPS and can make calls all by itself. I don't think she was listening, she had that airhead look on her face. I think she was phantasizing about owning an Apple watch.

The same thing happened to me when the iPhone first came out and suddenly my HTC was no longer some big slab but the iPone. Sheeesh.

I do like the fact that wearables are no longer a niche now, with every joe and jane suddently taking interest. Only good things will come out of this.

Exactly!

LOL...why does this story sound so similar to some of my interactions with ifans?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: sick of people asking me about my &quot;iwatch&quot; :)

Once Apple add a SIM card in a few years then it want be overkill in fact everyone will think it was just invented & it's a great idea.
Apple didn't invent the SIM card ? :D
In actually phone watches have been around since before the turn of the century.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I am officially in the club. For the first time today, somebody asked me if my watch was the Apple watch. I'm like NO, this is the Samsung watch phone that I can use WITHOUT my phone.

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Got my gear s yesterday but didn't expect to join this 'iwatch' club so soon; my daughters teacher said to me this morning "ooh is that the iwatch?" I replied "no, it's a Samsung smartwatch" and she suddenly lost all interest as if it couldn't be half as good as anything apple produced! Tomorrow I'm going to get my husband to ring me just as I'm going to drop her off so I can showcase what an 'iwatch' is completely incapable of!

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
675f7ab30fda5a4dfda55fa5f3bf47ae.jpg

The digital clock fits nicely in the hole in the center
d3ea39ee9d417330e6076889eb036855.jpg

Just save it to your phone gallery, make a wallpaper in the Gear app and add your clock. Done.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Doncha just hate when people ask you if your new Samsung Gear S is a TIMEX?
Please folks, there are far more important issues to get upset over....:cool:

On a board about a specific smart watch, this is up there. If this was a board about world issues then you would have a point.

I don't think most of us are actually upset about it, just sharing the experience.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: sick of people asking me about my &quot;iwatch&quot; :)

Doncha just hate when people ask you if your new Samsung Gear S is a TIMEX?
Please folks, there are far more important issues to get upset over....:cool:

Dontcha think it'd be better to just enjoy the thread without being the forum conscience?
Aren't there more important threads to jack than this one?
No it's a Gear not a Timex. I like that idea. Here ya go ;)
cac847355ff5c172af721993dad9a82d.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110