Signal switching between 4g and 3g on my Charge

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have read that the Updated OS version was suppose to solve the issue of "signal switching" from 4g to 3g.

I have my Charge set up to LTE and is still switches to 3g. I paid for a 4g phone and live in a 4g lte city and I expect to be receiving 4g lte signal constantly.

What's up with that?

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I continue to have the same issue. You may want to look at a Verizon 4G coverage map, I live in "a 4G city" as well, Los Angeles, but not the entire city has LTE none the less. I do however live in the center of an area that shows it's LTE on the coverage map but I sometimes slip to 3G and sometimes have no data access, all from the same location in my house.

Is it my phone or the LTE network, dunno but my friends with 3G seem to get it everywhere in the city so it may be a "Charge" problem.

Joe

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have read that the Updated OS version was suppose to solve the issue of "signal switching" from 4g to 3g.

I have my Charge set up to LTE and is still switches to 3g. I paid for a 4g phone and live in a 4g lte city and I expect to be receiving 4g lte signal constantly.

What's up with that?

Where aren't you getting 4G? Is it in a building or is it on the street or in a car?

My Charge will not hold a 4G signal in the office at my job, even though its in a strong 4G area. Step outside the front door (literally) and it picks up the 4G right away.

(oh, and nothing will stop your phone from switching. It does that when it doesn't have signal or if the phone is having trouble keeping it. )

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Where aren't you getting 4G? Is it in a building or is it on the street or in a car?

My Charge will not hold a 4G signal in the office at my job, even though its in a strong 4G area. Step outside the front door (literally) and it picks up the 4G right away.

(oh, and nothing will stop your phone from switching. It does that when it doesn't have signal or if the phone is having trouble keeping it. )

Usually inside buildings at the office, sometimes while driving and certain parts of the house.
I now believe that this common issue is not a hardware problem. Since 4g is fairly new, the signal is not as seamless as the 3g. Eventually when the dots are all connected nationwide, we should experience less 4g signal loss. We all just have to hang on and let Verizon build the system up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards