So I have a new flickering issue..

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Watching YouTube in landscape I noticed when I tapped the screen a flicker of a thick white looking line would pop up now and then.

I played around with some video quality settings and for some reason did it the most at 1440.

I could not replicate the problem with videos on my phone in my gallery.

I really don't want to deal with Google as it's been a week since I've asked them about something else and still no reply...

Not the best pic but you can see it.

Not sure what could be causing this......?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-224222.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-224222.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 27

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I tried tapping on the screen too, but it didn't do it. Maybe I need to try it longer.

Hmmm.

So quick update.

I turned off smooth display and guess what,problem is gone.
So I'm guessing there something up with my smooth display, but just youtube though.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Another little update. Also forced 120 and the issue is gone. So I guess the issue is the screen changing refresh rate when I tap ??????

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Another little update. Also forced 120 and the issue is gone. So I guess the issue is the screen changing refresh rate when I tap ������

So glad the issue is gone for you! I thought I'd read that screen flickering is an issue with the Pixel 6 line. Glad that the issue is resolved! :)

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So glad the issue is gone for you! I thought I'd read that screen flickering is an issue with the Pixel 6 line. Glad that the issue is resolved! :)

I only just noticed it last night.
Only flicker I knew of was the one where people would push the power button while the phone is off causing a flicker.
So yeah I've forced 120 for now. It seems it has something to do with it switching between rates when tapping while on youtube.
I've messaged Google anyway.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Had bit of a run around with Google and Optus (service provider here in Australia).

After a few emails with Google they wanted me to take it up with Optus.
Optus to me sounded like they had no idea what they were doing.
Saying there's no type of warranty from the (in their words) Pixel manufacturer to cover me... Lol. Yeah ok..
And now optus want me to go into a store to show them the exact same things I've shown Google and optus online. And said there will be a fee.

It's seems to be a combination of youtube videos at 1440p with smooth display on normal mode.
Any other video quality or as I mentioned before, 120 forced or smooth display off completely, it goes away.

Stumped.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I only just noticed it last night.
Only flicker I knew of was the one where people would push the power button while the phone is off causing a flicker.
So yeah I've forced 120 for now. It seems it has something to do with it switching between rates when tapping while on youtube.
I've messaged Google anyway.

Oh, gotcha! It's good that you've messaged Google about it, just so they're aware!