Software Update

ricanguy73

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't get too excited. If you go to the AT&T site it clearly says "This software package updates the firmware version to build number GINGERBREAD.UCLA3". So, don't expect to have Ice Cream Sandwich after the software update has completed.:mad:

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't get too excited. If you go to the AT&T site it clearly says "This software package updates the firmware version to build number GINGERBREAD.UCLA3". So, don't expect to have Ice Cream Sandwich after the software update has completed.:mad:

I got excited for about a half of a second!!!

boredpnoy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
well looks like they fixed the last update that they pulled recently no more photo sliding to unlock memo icon has been changed nothing else i see runs a little smoother

eban44

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I downloaded it, phone restarted then got to 75% installed and updated Failed shows up then just reboots to normal working conditions. Same thing the last update did, 75% then failed.

I am rooted btw.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I received exchange phone recently and it had 2.3.6 I hated it, wallpaper doesnt scroll and the stock webbrowser doesnt have fixed scrolling as well. good thing I reflashed it back to 2.3.5 dont even bother with this DL. i read on xda that its a broken update and samsung didnt authorize it. idk why att keeps pushing it to some phones.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I've only noticed the change to 2.3.6, some new icons for memo and phone, and the lock screen. Maybe better battery life for tomorrow? :-D

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Well Im not having any trouble with the update yet. I downloaded it about 6 hours ago and theres maybe a slight battery increase. I did'nt see the improvement in the lock screen that others have talked about either. Its a nice update and all but I would love for them to fix the bluetooth so I can use push to call instead of going through the hassel of going into the phone to call but I believe that is a samsung problem and not at&t.

bassthumpa

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and did it also. I'll report any battery improvement or other pros / cons. Not.expecting any earth moving.changes either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia