Software Update

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I love Apple but I am NO fanboy. I actually despise Apple fanboys. Anyway, all of the lawsuits are because Steve Jobs wanted to destroy Android by spending every penny Apple has. Hopefully Tim Cook will come to a settlement and call it quits.

brandontj

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I was rooted with several apps frozen, updated the first time with no problems. Root is still intact and no issues to report. So far so good.

eban44

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I was rooted with several apps frozen, updated the first time with no problems. Root is still intact and no issues to report. So far so good.

Guess you got lucky or something, Just tried for the second time it downloads, reboots then gets to 75% and says update is failed.

I am rooted with just the att bs apps and tethering manager frozen.

Guess ill wait till ICS

cory2081

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Just did this update last night and it looks like battery life is better so far. Other than that, I haven't found much difference other than the unlock and call answering buttons. No problems found either.

badrisk783

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
just downloaded this update and after reading about some of the changes, namely to the "swipe" actions, i checked the stock alarm in the clock app --- that too has changed from the simple swipe bars to the "swipe circles" that can be swiped in any direction.

i've got to say, i think I like the swipe in any direction better - especially in the morning when I'm frantically trying to snooze the alarm.

Edit: looks like the new message notification on the lock screen has been changed too, to an obnoxious red dot that reminds me of a "DO NOT PRESS" button... Though it is conveniently located right where my thumb likes to land, rather than having to awkwardly flick the ribbon like before

Last edited:

reliefman1

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having a issue with there lights on the buttons I always had mine set to always on now every other time I go to unlock my phone my buttons are not lighting up if I set it to time out 6 seconds they work fine but something's definitely bugged

Sent from my skyrocket

i prefer my touch key lights to remain on when i'm using my phone. i've searched everywhere and can not find a work-around. Any ideas?

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got and update for samsung Kies today on my skyrocket sgh-i727. I havent attached it to my computer yet but I'm hoping this addresses the issue with Kies where I could not update my phone via samsung Kies. Just posting this to let the rest know about the update.

Magarnical

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ICS will be coming but I think I wont wait. The moment that the SIII comes out I might jump ship like I did from the Infuse to the SII. Waiting and waiting for GB almost killed me :)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Pulled out my Skyrocket today to charge it as my GNote is my daily driver. While updating several apps, I decided to check the software update. A 20.8 MB file downloaded and installed with no issue. It is the UCLA 3 update. I immediately checked it with my car bluetooth and it works much better than before. Seems like a stable upgrade!

Toby

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Pulled out my Skyrocket today to charge it as my GNote is my daily driver. While updating several apps, I decided to check the software update. A 20.8 MB file downloaded and installed with no issue. It is the UCLA 3 update. I immediately checked it with my car bluetooth and it works much better than before. Seems like a stable upgrade!

Same here. It worked generally well with my Alpine bluetooth before, but I would have to manually connect every other time or so. It hasn't had any issues since I updated it this morning. I like the GUI for screen unlock, messaging, and phone answering a bit better too.