Sprint 4.4.4 finally released!

rl6403

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that this is supposed to be a "fix" for all the "bugs" and "glitches " people had with the 4.4.2 update and not necessarily a totally different o.s...it just took them forever to finally come out with it...lol

Posted via the Android Central App

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine wouldn't download the whole day at work on WiFi or Data, but it over downloaded (almost 2 MB) and sent an error report when walking to my truck after work. I ended up downloading AND installing it on the drive home. Funny how quick it went once I got reliable LTE service.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
so far I've noticed a smoother experience. no weird random lag and no faulty graphic lag when I pull down the notification bar. love it so far, can't wait for 5.0!

Posted with my Galaxy S5, via the Android Central App

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok so far since yesterday, I have noticed the same smoother faster experience. Things seem to transition seamlessly. But, I am noticing when typing on the keyboard it double spaces a lot of my words for no reason. this is a HUGE glitch imo. Anyone else notice this? Also, funny change, I noticed the dancing girl emoji is not a black dude. ha. Not sure why they did that and even when you send it to an iphone they still get the lady dancing ... but still funny.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
has anyone's wifi stopped working since the update? mine no longer connects to my home network - all of my other devices do connect without a problem, but not my phone anymore. Also went to a public wifi spot where i usually connect and it would not connect there either.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
has anyone's wifi stopped working since the update? mine no longer connects to my home network - all of my other devices do connect without a problem, but not my phone anymore. Also went to a public wifi spot where i usually connect and it would not connect there either.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so far since yesterday, I have noticed the same smoother faster experience. Things seem to transition seamlessly. But, I am noticing when typing on the keyboard it double spaces a lot of my words for no reason. this is a HUGE glitch imo. Anyone else notice this? Also, funny change, I noticed the dancing girl emoji is not a black dude. ha. Not sure why they did that and even when you send it to an iphone they still get the lady dancing ... but still funny.

so far I've noticed a smoother experience. no weird random lag and no faulty graphic lag when I pull down the notification bar. love it so far, can't wait for 5.0!

Posted with my Galaxy S5, via the Android Central App

I've noticed mine seems smoother too.

No WiFi issues for me, connects to work intermittently (work network sucks), and home just fine.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

If the update changed anything with your device's network ID number, you might have to reboot either the device or your router to get it re-linked. I've this happen before with other wifi devices after a firmware update. It's more of a security feature than a glitch.

Bacilon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed when viewing pictures with the stock viewer, when selecting "more info", a histogram is included along with all the technical information you need without having to select additional info a second time.

Posted via Android Central App

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just a too, after you take the OTA, if you don't want to do a full factory reset and rreatore (which really is the best thing to do, but I get it if you don't)...at least boot into recovery and clear your cache...will help speed a long quite a bit of wierdneas youkk get with calling/texting/WiFi connectivity...or at least that's my experience!

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

lemartymar13

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I got this update last week and i just noticed that the twitter app is missing from the multi window. Idk if its a twitter app thing or if the 4.4.4 update took it out.

But overall this update works just fine. I also noticed that the Chrome browser now has a "Home" button. That is pretty useful.

Posted via the Android Central App

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
About time!

Only difference I notice is the annoying new avatars for voicemail.

Avatars in the Visual Voicemail aren't 4.4.4 specific, I had them on 4.4.2, it was in a Voicemail app update a while back, it could be that you didn't upgrade your Visual Voicemail app and the 4.4.4 came with the newest version. The upgrade to Visual Voicemail also gave some freemium options, for allowing ads, I can now get Voicemails e-mailed to me automatically to my Gmail.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've been on my Sprint 4.4.4 update for a week now. Have any of you noticed issues with the Messaging app? I use the standard Messages App, not Messaging+, and now in my first page of Emojis, the one with the standard smileys, it refuses to scroll all the way down to show me all the Emojis. It stops somewhere around the line with the Santa Claus in it. All the other pages of Emojis show up no problem. This is happening with both my phone and my wife's phone. Didn't notice it until yesterday. I wonder if stopping the app and doing a clear cache and settings in the app manager will fix it, but I do not know what else that will do. I won't lose any messages will I?

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Have had Sprint 4.4.4 for about 4 weeks now coming from 4.4.2 on Sprint GS5. OTA went well, took about 25 minutes and have had no problems other than using NFC to transfer pics from one GS5 to another does NOT work. Can't get past the dialog 'tap' screen after the phone beeps to start transfer. Worked fine in 4.4.2. All other apps work. Using Swype as text messenger. After the update, I did clean the partition cache just to insure no junk stuff lying around. *Seems* to run a little faster and smoother overall.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
How do I update to 4.4.4 if I'm rooted. I wish someone can write up simple step by step instructions how to do that.

Tina Walker

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I now have 3 bars instead of one since the update. Haven't noticed much more of a change. But I've only had my phone a week, so I'm not sure of what the others issues have been...other than me not being able to download music from 3rd party apps and I still can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder