Sprint discount policy change notice!

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Check your bills this month.

Sprint is changing the discount policy to only the primary line. No longer the second line on a family plan.

Will see how much this changes our bills.
Itried to attach a screen shot. Hope it transfers over.

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for pointing this out...

I wish all these carriers would quit looking for ways to cut our throats...

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if Sprint waited until Your contract was up..
I don't like how Sprint is changing things mid contract..

I just seen a big thread about this on the Sprint users fourum. Some think this constitutes a material
Change and you may be able to get out of contract ETF free..
we will see on that one.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. lets see how this plays out. If they grandfather in all us family plan customers then we are good. If they don't and charge us the additional $9.99 then this constitutes a material change. Seeing as this is our actual plan and not just some add on feature. We would then be able to cancel the contract ETF free if need be.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
But look at the web site.. the $9.99 does not include unlimited mobile to mobile. To get that option. You have to pay $19.99.
I will Teutonic attach a screen shot of their plans. This is actually the first time i have looked at their
Plans since I seen this in my bill.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm just a bit confused. I'm on a family plan with my parents and wife and my bro and wife. What exactly is this going to change on our bill?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
that's dumb, Starting the discount extends your contract, so they shouldn't be able to do it mid contract without voiding it.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree this should involve some serious negotiations about not only our bill but especially the length of our contracts since this is a serious change that adversely affects each of us economically. I think a change of this magnitude warrants a option to opt out of our contract and go else if we want to or curb/cut back services without to penalty.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
From what I could find, it looks like sprint is rewriting the language of the billing details to properly discount only the primary line....your bill will now read ---
primary line-$110.00
Additional lines(2-5)-$19.99

Instead of 2nd line being "free"......
So we will be losing the discount on $19.99, adding anywhere from $1-$2.50 depending on your discount.....

Long days and pleasant nights............

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I called account services and canx, had them release me from the contract, that was one straw too many for me

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am hearing from people sprint is indeed letting people out of their contracts..

Have to talk to he wife tonight. Thinking of going to AT&T. They are real close to what I am paying with sprint. Maybe $15 more with my company discount.

Been having alot of issues with sprint service alot of dropped calls, failed text messages( network error). Voice quality is very muffled or hard to understand caller or vice verses. Data speeds are almost uselessve been with sprint for 11years..I thought I would never leave them.
But this past year has been bad.. Even before the I-Phone hit the network it was bad. Since the I-Phone came out is when the dropped calls have started..

I would rather try AT&T with their improved data speeds hspa +. A coworker is pulling a consistent 6 to 7 mbps indoors.. on his I-Phone 4s.

I know the other companies do not have unlimited data... but.. the way sprint is going .... they will not much longer either. And from their past... doesn't look like they will grandfather us in if they change it..
Plus with the data speeds in my area and when i was down in Sarasota FL... doesn't really matter if you can't really use it ..

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
This seems like a pretty stupid move by them. I bought an iPhone 4S for my wife on November as a Xmas gift, adding her to my contract. I got billed with this new line as free with my plan because of the whole second line is free thing.

So this means that if on my January usage bill that line is no longer free I can get out of the contract without penalties? And they did this right after paying Apple a whole lot of money for subsidized phones that people can now have unlocked and leave the carrier without an ETF? Way to go Sprint!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I just called and the rep told me that it was for only new members bc I never got an email saying this and she said I was grandfathered in and my plain will no pto change

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that's the case, the account canx rep said it was changing for everyone, I've been with them for 5 years and they said mine was changing..

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I was told:

Marc L: Let me explain the thing in detail to resolve the matter.
Marc L: I assure that your Cost of the Everything Data will remain same. Currently, you are paying $129.99 for first and the second line. Effective February 1, 2012, you will have the cost of $110.00 for the first line and $19.99 for the second line.
Marc L: $110.00 + $19.99 &eq; $129.99
Marc L: It is exactly the same cost for the Monthly Plan.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I was told:

Marc L: Let me explain the thing in detail to resolve the matter.
Marc L: I assure that your Cost of the Everything Data will remain same. Currently, you are paying $129.99 for first and the second line. Effective February 1, 2012, you will have the cost of $110.00 for the first line and $19.99 for the second line.
Marc L: $110.00 + $19.99 &eq; $129.99
Marc L: It is exactly the same cost for the Monthly Plan.

In total, without discounts, it does cost exactly the same. However if you have a discount, before you were getting the discount on $129.99; now it's only on $110. Its a slight increase, but still an increase; again only if you have discounts.

They reset our contracts tonight. Good to go! Already signed up under VZW.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well then I should be able to get put of ky contract and even if I do VZW is still more money and there not unlimited so I my stick with Sprint for now

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to wait really, if you look on the second page of your bill you'll see the text stating the change is coming. It absolutely is a change of contract even if you don't have a discount. It's a restructure. Everyone should get out of their ETF, even if they don't plan on leaving right now. Take advantage of this in case you change your mind later, you won't be able too past February.

Discount Policy Change Notice
Effective your February bill cycle, Family and
Business Share monthly plan charges will be
billed differently. Discounts will only apply to
the monthly recurring charge of the primary
line. Line 2 will be billed at the applicable
Add-a-Phone rate and will not be discount
eligible."

It makes it sound like it's all about discounts, but note the phrase "Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed differently." BAM, change of contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco28