Sprint Galaxy S3 - Lock screen showing preview of text messages/ Vibrate sound

emmzie78

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I'm new to this phone and have no idea what I'm doing! I'd like to remove the message from popping up on my lock/home screen - is there any way of doing this?? Like I say, I've no idea what I'm doing yet so just finding my feet with it :)

Thanks in advance!!

swvi

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hy. I have problem with my Galaxy s3. Recently it?s was upgraded on Jelly Beam 4.3 or it was 4.2? The latest anyway. I can?t change or remove my text on lock screen!! Previously it was on settings and owner info i think, but now i can?t find it! Help? And I don?t have option to hold my finger on lock screen and just turn mobile phone to switch on camera!

amazondrone

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded Lockscreen Policy app, and I still have the text widget on my lock screen. Like everyone else, I don't want that widget on my lockscreen, but I do want it on my scroll bar. I see lots of hate for this new "feature," but to whom do we direct this complaint? Samsung? Phone carrier (mine is Verizon)? It's possible that whoever is responsible for giving us this option might actually do that if they hear enough complaints.

So, Lockscreen Policy didn't work for me (which could also be operator error, but there weren't really any options with this app). Any other recommendations for 3rd party apps which will allow the customization we used to have? I hate this lock screen text box with the fire of a thousand suns and I want it GONE!!

TIA for any assistance and suggestions on to whom we complain about this lack of customization.

Mar1l0u

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This solution worked perfectly, but after the update of 4.4 Kitkat the lock screen notification of missed calls and text messages is showing again. Any suggestions?

neek49

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This solution worked perfectly, but after the update of 4.4 Kitkat the lock screen notification of missed calls and text messages is showing again. Any suggestions?

I found that using Google Hangouts as my default SMS app (after the KitKat update) solved this problem (again). I get the SMS text notification and sound, but only in the notification bar and not as a widget that covers my personal message. In Hangouts go to "Settings -> SMS" :D

lylatx

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
It's been almost a year and they still haven't fixed this? What a joke. I used to l love this phone, and this has been so off putting. I don't know why they thought this was a good idea. Or why they don't give us the choice to customize it. And now that the s3 is outdated, they probably don't care to update it and fix the problem. Is this a problem on the s4 as well? I guess I'm just stuck with this then ugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen