Sprint Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EC05 [update.zip method/Custom Odin Packages]

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The stock EC05 zip from Bonsai team has been confirmed to be unflashable by Bonsai's own Randy_T, via an email our adviser Paul627g received. Paul627g even tried flashing it himself before hearing from Randy_T - all it does is get you stuck at the Samsung screen during boot.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
the update will be out soon so just wait for our awesome devs to test and confirm it to us. :)

in the mean time, while we waiting... i would like to extend my gratitude to all the great devs that we have for their dedication, time spent answering our questions, and time spent brewing up all the cool custom roms, themes and everything else for us to use... :cool:

Reactions: aerospacial

ttriplett1

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
the update will be out soon so just wait for our awesome devs to test and confirm it to us. :)

in the mean time, while we waiting... i would like to extend my gratitude to all the great devs that we have for their dedication, time spent answering our questions, and time spent brewing up all the cool custom roms, themes and everything else for us to use... :cool:

Here here!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One tidbit I did gather from searching the Sprint site, The current OTA update will only work for Eclair 2.1 (DI18) and Froyo EB13. Users on older versions of Eclair 2.1 will NOT receive this OTA update. They stated once an update is available for the older builds of Eclair 2.1, something will be posted by Sprint.

kuhne

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
by the way, I was in stock Eclair and then used odin to go to stock EB13 and was planing on staying there until syndicate rom fixed their new 1.0.2 version which is a bit shaky but after banzai released their new rom based on EC05 I installed clockwork and flashed odin then flashed the modem update for EC05.

Looks pretty cool but I honestly dont know yet as I havent played with it too much. I downloaded spectral souls (game from the market) which is kind of a time bomb. When I was in Truly Epic it just didnt want to run no matter how many fixes I tried and it runs perfectly on banzai. GPS works.. but im still going to completly reflash the new froyo update and be in stock for a while.. I miss touch wiz .... I know its not that good but that feeds and updates gadget is very very cool and I purchased widget locker and use app organizer from the market. that alone makes touch wiz look completly different.. and I know its going to be stable... after all, its an official release from samsung.. right?? "gulp"

Lue

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I just downloaded the "SPH-D700_eclair_OpenSource.tar.gz" from opensource.samsung.com.

Is this the file I need to install 2.2? If so, what are my next steps?