Sprint Store 4g, $10 Charage and all.... What store reps said

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
For all of you people how complain about the $10 fee . would it be better if sprint just raised the price of all their data plan by $10. would that make you happy? Why does it seem everyother post on the form is about the $10 fee. If you did not like or want to pay for it moveon to a difreent phone or carrier but please quit posting crap abput the fee. It is what it is. A cost to use the phone

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
For all of you people how complain about the $10 fee . would it be better if sprint just raised the price of all their data plan by $10. would that make you happy? Why does it seem everyother post on the form is about the $10 fee. If you did not like or want to pay for it moveon to a difreent phone or carrier but please quit posting crap abput the fee. It is what it is. A cost to use the phone

If they did raise the price off all plans atleast my corps discount would cover it.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
That attitude is not how things get changed to fix concerns in the consumer market. If consumers don't feel they are getting anything for the extra charge they are paying on a bill, they have every right, and somewhat a responsibility, to give feedback to the company.

So don't feed us the line about 'you agreed to it so just be happy'

The line 'you agreed to it so just be happy' kinda fits. If you weren't happy about it then why in all hell did you get the phone? Unless you are an idiot consumer (which most are). I know for danged sure that I wouldn't buy something if I didn't agree to the terms and conditions or the monthly payments. It is amazingly simple yet dumb a@#es seem to make it into something complicated. IT'S NOT COMPLICATED!!!

And feedback to the company is different than coming onto a forum and starting a thread to piss and moan about something that is in a million other posts.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the "truly unlimited" spiel is that all mobile phones with a data plan have unlimited data under Sprint; if you read the tos, the only plans that have a data cap are for mobile broadband cards.
It means truely unlimited data. So premium data = truely unlimited data. You don't have to explain it for every phone that is released. All phones get updated and usually get updated pretty quick. But with sprint most people are getting a new phone every 12 months so it isn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: PookiePrancer

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If they did raise the price off all plans atleast my corps discount would cover it.

I have the $69.99 plan plus the $10 Premium Data and after my company corporate discount is subtracted and all the taxes to fund the government are added back in my bill comes to $67.88 per month..... Yeah it would be $55 something a month minus the $10 but with my corporate discount with AT&T and my iPhone I was paying nearly $90+ per month so it's still a deal (With any mobile any time at Sprint I can EASILY live on 450 any time minutes where as on AT&T I had to have a much higher minute plan to keep from going over)

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I have THE simply unlimited everything for $99. However it is really $110.00 with the evo. So why doesnt sprint just say simply everything 4g capable phone is $110 per month

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The line 'you agreed to it so just be happy' kinda fits. If you weren't happy about it then why in all hell did you get the phone? Unless you are an idiot consumer (which most are). I know for danged sure that I wouldn't buy something if I didn't agree to the terms and conditions or the monthly payments. It is amazingly simple yet dumb a@#es seem to make it into something complicated. IT'S NOT COMPLICATED!!!

And feedback to the company is different than coming onto a forum and starting a thread to piss and moan about something that is in a million other posts.

I got the phone for its 8mb rear cam, its 1.2mp front cam, duel flash, snapdragon 1 ghz cpu. I dont even have 4g here in indianapolis. I doubt we ever will with the almost bankrupted clear network. Also why is sprint suing clear over the fee.

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
:(:(:( My 2009 Yukon Denali, more than $120 per week for gas. Is this where we are complaining about gas prices? :p

Because I am in favor of a usage based tax on gas. The more miles you drive and time of day would be taken into account. I think older less efficent autos should pay more in taxes as well. We should also van all autos tbat dont meet current safety standards.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Because I am in favor of a usage based tax on gas. The more miles you drive and time of day would be taken into account. I think older less efficent autos should pay more in taxes as well. We should also van all autos tbat dont meet current safety standards.

We will leave it to you then to buy all the people new cars who have old ones who can't afford to get new ones. And to pay all the taxes for the people who have to drive their own cars for work.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the $69.99 plan plus the $10 Premium Data and after my company corporate discount is subtracted and all the taxes to fund the government are added back in my bill comes to $67.88 per month..... Yeah it would be $55 something a month minus the $10 but with my corporate discount with AT&T and my iPhone I was paying nearly $90+ per month so it's still a deal (With any mobile any time at Sprint I can EASILY live on 450 any time minutes where as on AT&T I had to have a much higher minute plan to keep from going over)

I'm not disputing that and I wasn't complaining about the fee. I love my evo and wouldn't change it just to save $10. Come to think of it. This device saved me more than I will spend on that fee over the term of my contract. I no longer use a stand alone navigation system (Tom tom broke) and I can't remember the last time I turned on my desktop. So I would say it's worth it.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
That may b a good thought, but other non 4G devices do this w/o an extra 10/mo. They should just say it's their way of breaking up the cost of the phone so u don't get sticker shock. Since this year's devices cost no more than last year's, but have more power,u could more likely convince ppl that is a legitimate charge over a premium data package, since I'm using absolutely no more data than I did on my Pr?.

And if u don't like the thread subject, then don't read or post in it! Ppl have a right to vent and your opinions hold no more weight here than anyone else's.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That attitude is not how things get changed to fix concerns in the consumer market. If consumers don't feel they are getting anything for the extra charge they are paying on a bill, they have every right, and somewhat a responsibility, to give feedback to the company.

The smart thing to do is to make a statement with your dollars. If you don't like a company and their policy, don't buy it. If enough people do the same, the company will have to change the policy or go broke. You pretty much gave up your leverage once you signed that 2 year contract. Sorry, that is just the way it is.

Reactions: ChaosShadow

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Geez, is this argument still going on? The fee is there because Sprint can get away with it. It doesn't matter what you think is the reason, nor what Sprint reps in the store say. If you want to use an Evo, you're going to pay the extra $10. If you don't want to pay it, don't get an Evo. Those are your only two choices. If enough people choose the second option, then maybe Sprint will change their policy. Maybe not.

Simple.

Posting in this forum isn't giving feedback to the company. Complaining to Sprint might (but probably not) do something. NOT buying the phone is the best way to send a message. But once you buy the phone, knowing full well you're going to have to pay the fee, it's hard for me to feel any sympathy.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone for its 8mb rear cam, its 1.2mp front cam, duel flash, snapdragon 1 ghz cpu. I dont even have 4g here in indianapolis. I doubt we ever will with the almost bankrupted clear network. Also why is sprint suing clear over the fee.

The camera seriuosly blows for how good it was suppoused to be.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Geez, is this argument still going on? The fee is there because Sprint can get away with it. It doesn't matter what you think is the reason, nor what Sprint reps in the store say. If you want to use an Evo, you're going to pay the extra $10. If you don't want to pay it, don't get an Evo. Those are your only two choices. If enough people choose the second option, then maybe Sprint will change their policy. Maybe not.

Simple.

Posting in this forum isn't giving feedback to the company. Complaining to Sprint might (but probably not) do something. NOT buying the phone is the best way to send a message. But once you buy the phone, knowing full well you're going to have to pay the fee, it's hard for me to feel any sympathy.

Well then if you have no sympathy, keep following along with the other sheep and stop worrying about whether I am misdirecting my frustration on a forum thread. Just because there are people venting here, doesn't mean they haven't also properly raised the issue with the root cause (Sprint).

If I and everyone else just don't buy the phone, Sprint blames HTC since they manufactured the phone, and would have no idea that people weren't buying it because of their price hike. And just because you buy a product, does not mean you have to lose your voice to demand improvement. If your cable bill goes up and you signed an agreement saying 'prices subject to change without notice' and you don't call to voice your opinion of their price change, that's when you lose your voice, not just because you have to be happy with whatever you signed up for in the first place!

Maybe they won't waive the $10/month, but maybe for those that don't have coverage of 4G they will waive the mobile hotspot fee? Who knows, that's why it's called customer service.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Well then if you have no sympathy, keep following along with the other sheep and stop worrying about whether I am misdirecting my frustration on a forum thread. Just because there are people venting here, doesn't mean they haven't also properly raised the issue with the root cause (Sprint).

If I and everyone else just don't buy the phone, Sprint blames HTC since they manufactured the phone, and would have no idea that people weren't buying it because of their price hike. And just because you buy a product, does not mean you have to lose your voice to demand improvement. If your cable bill goes up and you signed an agreement saying 'prices subject to change without notice' and you don't call to voice your opinion of their price change, that's when you lose your voice, not just because you have to be happy with whatever you signed up for in the first place!

Maybe they won't waive the $10/month, but maybe for those that don't have coverage of 4G they will waive the mobile hotspot fee? Who knows, that's why it's called customer service.

They wouldn't blame HtC because there is more than just an HTC phone with the $10 premium data fee. And why should anybody have sympathy for you when you bought the phone knowing full well it had the fee with it. You kinda lose the right to ***** about it when you accepted the terms and conditions of that fee.

Sent from my awesome EVo using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d