Stop the annoying startup sound and video

Bully Dawg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
"Silent Boot" does not work for me on my VzW Droid Razr -- unless I have the settings wrong. I still get the "DROOOOOID" and the sound of breaking glass.

Should I have only the top boxed checked? (Frankly, I've tried with every combination of checked boxes and it still doesn't work.) Thoughts?

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Silent boot does seem to work on an intentional restart. So the question is what about those odd spontaneous restarts I've been known to see? If it works for those its perfect. I've had a few of them though fortunately not too many.

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There is an app, Silent Boot, that sometimes works. It does not seem to work when there is a battery change, but otherwise usually works. Android Assistant also seems to have this feature.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I found Silent Boot worked fine for me before the GB update. Now I have to leave compatibilty mode checked off and it works again for restarts like when you hold the side button and choose restart.

It does not work for me after a battery pull. But if you know are going to pull the battery, then lower the volume key to vibrate "before" you pull the battery!

The only issue with keeping the compatibility checked off is there is a constant grey circle at the top left of your screen like a program notification update. I've searched and no one has any clue what compatibility mode even means.

Hopefully, Silent Boot's developer will update a fix for GB now. But it does work on the Charge as it is. I found that that thread about secret codes never worked for me even brefore the GB update.

Last edited:

jmicks8

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted you can change the name of the file: /system/media/droidhd.ogg. I changed mine to "droidhd.quiet.ogg" and that solved the issue. There is also a animation zip file in that folder but I havent messed with that. Hope this helps...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rschat1020