Stylus Pen and my ignorance

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I knew there was talk on the Stylus and when I picked mine up last week I never even thought to ask if I got one or not. I've assumed no and lo and behold I found one in the phone today. So stupid. That said. What exactly are these used for? Seems like something for a user to easily lose.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I think. So much on there. Is it a tool many use or do most let it just stay in the phone?

Totally varies. Some people love the various functions, especially for productivity. Others never use it. I don't have a Samsung device with an S Pen, so it's hard for me to comment, but I'm sure others here can advocate for it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I like to use it for taking quick notes, colouring using Pentastic, and swiping to type rather than swiping with my finger. I just used it here to write this reply.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BEaRebel

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Use mine all the time, smart select is excellent for quickly grabbing and sharing a screenshot without having to save the image to your phone.

Screen off memo is a great one too for writing down a quick shopping list for the store.

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I keep swapping from note 20 u to 12 pro max when I'm using my note I use pen for selfies and jotting down a quick memo and for smart select for copy and pasting.

Then I swap to 12 pro max as I like imeassage but tend to pop back to samsung again for a bit.

Wish I could just stick to one or the other x

Sent from my SM-N986B using AC Forums mobile app

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I never was a Note fan too big for me. I did try a Note 8 and went to the 9 plus the only time me and my husband didn't have the same phone since the Original HTC Evo. He waited and we both got the S10 Plus. With the 21U we got the pen free and I hardly used it but the 22U since it was built in I used it for selfies alot. I need to learn how to use it more cause I don't use it enough. I did use it to swype before instead of my finger. But it comes in handy to have.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I use it for various tasks:

1. Remote Cmaera Button (most used for this)
  2. Using to edit photo's/pics (makes outlining things SO MUCH EASIER)
  3. Taking quick notes (My handwriting is terrible now, but sometimes it's nice to just write a note)
  4. Marking and annotating screenshots
  5. Making silly drawings I send to my wife

I am sure I would use this for more, but this is about it. I have my Fold SPen and pretty much used it for these things too (except the remote button).

allysisa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Mmm the s23u sounds amazing but way out my league (price Range) got this n20u in October from cex and it be end of year maybe I can get the s22u from cex!

The prices of these phones are insane x

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Mmm the s23u sounds amazing but way out my league (price Range) got this n20u in October from cex and it be end of year maybe I can get the s22u from cex!

The prices of these phones are insane x

I agree, these prices are just way out of bounds. I was NOT planning on getting into the S23 series at all, but my Z Fold 3 was starting to show some wear and I decided to trade before it got to the point where they would not take it in trade.

Now that I dropped this much on the S23U, I plan to stay with it for at least 3-4 years as long as it holds up.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the s pen very often, but it is really useful in the limited instances I do use it.

1 - Highlighting text in images to copy.
2 - Precision touches needed, which is mainly editing video in Lumafusion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos