Switch to Nexus from MAXX... Am I crazy?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit bored with my MAXX, I'd like to try the Nexus for Vanilla Android and Jelly Bean.

I'm a bit concerned about signal strength. I really don't want to start dropping calls... I haven't had the best luck with Samsung in this area (Nexus S, S2).

My MAXX is giving me data trouble, so I'm getting a bit frustrated with it. I'll be getting the extended battery with the Nexus, I know it won't be MAXX good, but it should last the day.

Is this a good switch?

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus and love it.

But i agree with the other poster. Root and rom. That's what I do when ever
I get bored.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
MAXX's bootloader is locked... Resulting in weak ROM availability.

You guys would stay with the Maxx though?

A locked bootloader does not mean end of life. It just means more creative developers coming up with more creative ideas... think on that for a while

Sent from the fingers of a Madman

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are into the ROM / development scene you can do no better than a Nexus :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Eh. I'm not going to bash on someone else's choices. Whatever makes you happy. I know between 24+ hours on a single charge, solid materials in build quality, excellent radios, creative and supportive developers for some kick ass ROMs, a polite and helpful forum community and Google's new bastard child, I'm content. But if you want the newest latest greatest most envied and whatnot... yeah. Whatever floats your boat. I hope you find happiness and peace brother <3

Sent from the fingers of a Madman

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm picking up a Nexus with an extended battery for $150. If I don't like it, I could flip it for profit I think.

I hope the battery life isn't horrible.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a nexus and then to the maxx and then to the s3. I can tell you that the nexus is a good phone, a fun phone if you love to flash roms and kernels, there is plenty out there. For 150$ its not a bad deal. But for me dealing with the not so par battery life and poor signal quality was a tad bit annoying. So I went to the maxx, but that was short lived due to my obsession with larger screens. I rooted the maxx, installed roms had some fun with it. Was never completely satisfied with the screen size tho. I had thoughts of even keeping the maxx, and getting the nexus as a second phone to switch back and fourth. But I sold my maxx for 501.00$ on ebay so that was a no brainer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Nexus to a Maxx.. Honestly I haven't looked back. The battery on that thing was what did it for me. My Nexus was rooted, overclocked and smooth! But man the dropped calls, and data were not so cool. I liked the way it looked and felt in my hand but honestly I think it spent more time on the charger than in my pocket or my hands. The Maxx is sweet, long battery life and does what I want. Yeah I'd love to root it and rom it out but I just don't have the patience and I want to see if I can REALLY go without doing something to my phone.. Every phone I've had I've either rooted or jailbroke ha ha. I hope you have your Maxx on standby at least :) I kept my Nexus as a backup but eventually sold it while the market was still decent for it. You'll need that extended battery for sure. I hope you enjoy your Nexus though! I can see how you got bored with your Maxx. I still love mine but I must admit I've been peeking over in the SG3 threads :) However battery life is the kicker for me. And well it's such a boss of a phone! GO Team MAXX! Ha ha. Let us know how you like the Nexus after using it for a few days.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Welp brandenfontaine.....I somehow stumbled upon your rooting the Maxx thread... thanks a lot now I'm probably gonna do it. Those Arctic HD screen shots were so sweet.. Ugh. I have system tools lite right now, looks like I'll be getting the paid version too... DARN YOU! At least I can come here and PM the crap outta you with questions.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Welp brandenfontaine.....I somehow stumbled upon your rooting the Maxx thread... thanks a lot now I'm probably gonna do it. Those Arctic HD screen shots were so sweet.. Ugh. I have system tools lite right now, looks like I'll be getting the paid version too... DARN YOU! At least I can come here and PM the crap outta you with questions.

Hey I'm available 24/7 to help how ever I can. Post your questions in the sticky so others can follow and hopefully they will take something from it as well ;)

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
a9atumy2.jpg

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332