Switch to Nexus from MAXX... Am I crazy?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There is a LOT of talk about the new Nexus devices that are rumored to be launching this winter / fall. One that peaked my interest was a post about the rumored Quad Core, 1080p HTC device becoming the Nexus 5 (its a play on the Nexus 7, the N7 has a 7 inch screen and the N5 would have a 5 inch screen). Now all of these are to be taken wit a grain of salt but at least with the Android Rumor mill most of the stuff will actually be true (unlike a certain iDevice that shouldn't be mentioned).

Didn't Google already say that they chose Samsung again for the Nexus phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
That's what I read.

---------- Post Merged at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:19 PM ----------

That's what I read.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You can love it all you want and I won't say anything about that. However you cannot argue that AMOLED is inferior to LCD in terms of clarity.

I do wish I could get the inky blacks of AMOLED with the clarity of LCD, but personally, I'd rather have the clarity.

The LCD display on the one x is beautiful but me personally I've preferred sa+ had it on my ns4g had it on my focus wp and got it on my epic and soon on my sgs3. Hell I started with a zte score with a vgwa or whatever that ugly as display was :D

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased a Razr Maxx. I will give it a try for a couple weeks and let you know what I think. I have had the Nexus since it launched. I think the hardest part will be going back to ICS and no NFC on the Maxx but only time will tell. I should receive the Maxx on Saturday.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just convinced a friend to get the nexus... at least we know we will get the next release of Android, unlike every other phone out right now :)
Sure there are some phones out with some better specs, camera, battery, processor, etc... but comparing the entire package, nothing beats the nexus... and it will stay that way till at least the next nexus is released...
-Danny

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just convinced a friend to get the nexus... at least we know we will get the next release of Android, unlike every other phone out right now :)
Sure there are some phones out with some better specs, camera, battery, processor, etc... but comparing the entire package, nothing beats the nexus... and it will stay that way till at least the next nexus is released...
-Danny

The Nexus is a great phone. It also has something that a lot of the other phones will not have for a long time... Jelly Bean (stock). The Maxx got ICS a few months ago. Because of blurr and VZW, probably will not have JB until about the time Google releases their next OS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2