T Mobile Use

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So Basically what I am getting from this thread is:

1) If your new to T-mo wearable sims plan and dont have a previous sim there really is no way to get the LG Urbane 2 to work with T-mo?
2) As of now the ATT version with a t-mo sim is only picking up 3g service no LTE from T-mo?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So Basically what I am getting from this thread is:

1) If your new to T-mo wearable sims plan and dont have a previous sim there really is no way to get the LG Urbane 2 to work with T-mo?
Even previous working T-mo wearable SIM won't work on this watch.
2) As of now the ATT version with a t-mo sim is only picking up 3g service no LTE from T-mo?

That's a different story. T-Mo LTE runs on different frequency bands than AT&T and hence probably won't ever see LTE. T-mo has a lot of weired band allocations and it almost certain that to get LTE, you will need a T-Mo branded phone, not watch (as these devices can't pack enough bands).

From what I read, T-Mo uses AWS band (1700Mhz) for LTE. AT&T uses 700/850/1900 for LTE. This watch only support 850/1900 for LTE.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like most T-Mo branded Gear S2 3G (just released) watches have trouble getting on wearable plan as well. They probably fired the guy who initially implemented that IMEI lookup and no one knows how to fix it anymore :)

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So 4 hours ago I got a text from T-Mobile. It reads, The SIM for your wearable device is in an ineligible device. Services to the SIM are blocked until it is returned to your eligible wearable device.

I checked my watch and it still works and still has network access. I made a few calls and text on it. I will monitor the situation. Even if they refuse service to it, I'm still gonna keep it as a blue tooth device. It's still cheaper then the regular Urbane when it's not on sale and the new 360, Huawei watch.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So 4 hours ago I got a text from T-Mobile. It reads, The SIM for your wearable device is in an ineligible device. Services to the SIM are blocked until it is returned to your eligible wearable device.
I got the same exact massage SIX (!!!) times between 8:49pm and 9:23 PM. SIM is still non-functional.
Even if i managed to make it work, I am not sure I'll keep it after a full day with it. It counted thousands less steps than my (already slightly undercounting) Gear S, and the step count is not the same between apps on it.
Gear S: 16065
Urbane: 13182 on watchface, 12538 in Fit app (the second may be Fit's fault, who knows...)

I do need my wearables sim to work no matter what.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Looks like most T-Mo branded Gear S2 3G (just released) watches have trouble getting on wearable plan as well. They probably fired the guy who initially implemented that IMEI lookup and no one knows how to fix it anymore :)

They told me yesterday that most gear waches could not register to the network, so guess it affects both S and S2? They said that was the reason I could not check if my SIM was still working in the Gear S, since the Gear S was affected (and presumably not the sim card). Sucks for S2 users to have an embedded sim if service remains spotty, huh? At least if i wanted to, I could use my phone's sim or a prepaid sim in my watch. Or: T-mobile could actually fix this problem.

I now have a feeling they opted for the S2 over the LG WULTE2 because of their wearables sim issues (embedded sims make imei lookup redundant) ... Guess that did not go quite as expected.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the same exact massage SIX (!!!) times between 8:49pm and 9:23 PM. SIM is still non-functional.
Even if i managed to make it work, I am not sure I'll keep it after a full day with it. It counted thousands less steps than my (already slightly undercounting) Gear S, and the step count is not the same between apps on it.
Gear S: 16065
Urbane: 13182 on watchface, 12538 in Fit app (the second may be Fit's fault, who knows...)

I do need my wearables sim to work no matter what.
I'm having the same exact problem with step counting. I look ridiculous this past week with two (or three watches) on at the same time, but I've been home, and it's been hoodie weather, thankfully.

Here's my Google Fit daily average (rounded) for 6 days:

Gear Live: 7000 (Google Fit)
Gear S2: 5000 (Tizen)
U2LTE: 4500 (Google Fit)
U2LTE: 6500 (LG Health)

I've been fairly confident that my Gear Live is pretty darn accurate the past three months. I've been pretty disappointed that the S2 is undercounting the past 6 weeks.

I've been quite concerned that Google Fit on the U2LTE has been counting even less than my S2 (which I already think is undercounting), while the LG Health watch face has been close to my (accurate) Gear Live.

Just downloaded the new Google Fit app update this morning. Will monitor and report back any findings.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I will only use LG Health for now. Google Fit is useless. Why can't Google just give us an option in Fit to switch the step count input from watch instead of try to be smart and won't let us choose one over another. It seems they have being working on tweaking this thing for over a year and still can't figure out how to make it useful.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
BTW, LG health has its own problems. For one, the watch face is the only way to show step counts AFAIK. But the watch fact step count animation will freeze up and no longer update from time to time. Happened to me two times already. Secondly, where is the phone app to show all the tracking information. I can't find one.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you power off or reboot your watch or simply lost signal and need to re-negotiate with the tower in this period?

Haven't turned anything off on the watch since I got it on Monday. Now that you mentioned it, I'm afraid to turn it off or reboot it, lol.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you guys see that LG cancelled rollout of the watch and ATT is to reach out to buyers and give them a full refund?!

Someone on another forum said that carriers may be mad about the device being sold unlocked, but that would be a weird reason...

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys see that LG cancelled rollout of the watch and ATT is to reach out to buyers and give them a full refund?!

Someone on another forum said that carriers may be mad about the device being sold unlocked, but that would be a weird reason...

Do you have that link?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I will only use LG Health for now. Google Fit is useless. Why can't Google just give us an option in Fit to switch the step count input from watch instead of try to be smart and won't let us choose one over another. It seems they have being working on tweaking this thing for over a year and still can't figure out how to make it useful.
My observations from step counting yesterday... I installed the Google Fit app update yesterday, and my U2LTE counted as many steps as my S2. I think that the S2 undercounts, but most on the AC forums think the S2 is correct. Net is that my U2LTE is counting more steps after the Fit update, but still not as many as LG Health watch face. I personally think the LG Health watch face is about the same as my Gear Live, which I consider the most accurate. So, if Gear Live is actually accurate like I believe, S2 and Fit on U2LTE is about 15 to 20% undercounting.

Try the Fit update on the play store, but backup apk first, since it seems to have removed the ability to manually add an activity.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
BTW, LG health has its own problems. For one, the watch face is the only way to show step counts AFAIK. But the watch fact step count animation will freeze up and no longer update from time to time. Happened to me two times already. Secondly, where is the phone app to show all the tracking information. I can't find one.
there is a LG Health app on Play Store that I installed, but haven't launched it yet, cause it needs you to set up an LG account. Yeah, watch face steps are a bit off from time to time, but I haven't had it freeze my watch up, and it catches up after a bit, at least mine does.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if T-Mo knew something ahead of time about the watch having problems and thats why they didnt carry it.

T-Mo usually is first with every release and they literally carry every phone and tablet so I am curious.

For a product to be canceled like this I think it will be a very long time before we see this watch on the market again. My guess
is they will scrap it all together and release version 3 sometime middle to end of next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha