Terrible experience with Tmobile trying to upgrade to GS2

BLASTphemus

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been a loyal Tmobile customer for over 10 years, even before they became Tmobile. However, after the terrible customer service experience I've been having with them the past few days over purchasing a GS2 I have decided to brake my contact and move to a different carrier.

They have been giving me the run around and wrong information. I've had enough of their bs!

This is what they have been telling me each time I have called to purchase one. Keep in mind I haven't purchased a Tmobile phone in over 5 years.

(paraphrasing here)
Call #1 They said yes I "qualify for a full upgrade discount" and they have the white GS2 "in stock".

Call #2 , 4 days later, It's my paydays and ready to purchase..."no sorry we don't have any in stock". I said ok nevermind. I'm now thinking I 'll just buy an iphone 4 from craigslist and jailbrake/unlock it. She then puts me on hold. Different rep answers and says "yes we do have some in stock". I order one and again specifically (because I thought they were just trying to keep me happy) say "I want a white samsung galaxy s2". The guys says "no problem, I have that noted."

Call #3, 4 days later they ship me a black GS2. I called and told them the mistake. The rep said I was given the wrong information and that the white GS2 is on "back order". She was very apologetic and said they would ship out a white one asap. I said fine, i'll ship it back and wait out for the white one since I have already been charged $340 for the white one.

Call #4, 5 days later I called to confirm if they received the phone back. They said yes and when I asked when the white would be shipped she said I "don't qualify for a discounted white gs2" and that I could only purchase the black one for the $340 I was charged. I of course was furious because I had been told that I do since I haven't even purchased a phone from them in years. On top of that I haven't found a different price for a white GS2 either from Tmobile.

That was it for me. I asked for a refund and as soon as I get credited back I'm cancelling my service with Tmobile.

I'm moving on to AT&T and getting that sexy Samsung Note!

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have gad bad experience with customer service over the phone as well. I keep getting wrong information and I have been back and forth to the stores. I just go in and speak with the store reps because over the phone is just a bad experience, for me at least. I also have at&t and its been a whole lot better. That's just from my experience though.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What a pointless thread . Vent in the right arena. What's funny the same thing can happen with another carrier so what you hop networks? learn how to handle your business

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I left Tmobile for ATT and after two terrible experiences with ATT I will NEVER return to them no matter how great a deal they offer. I've been back with Tmobile for a few years now. I even have my home phone with another service. Tmobile customer service is great compared to ATT which has been rated poorly. Just warning you.

elysea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes... Because when we have bad customer service experiences we all transfer to the cell service provider rated the LOWEST in customer service... yes. Lower than Tmobile. You will see soon enough. Not even the note could lure me back to att. Best of luck with that...

BLASTphemus

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm certainly not going to stick with Tmobile if I can't even benefit from a discounted GS2. I've been a long time avid fan of the jailbraking community and was looking forward to join the GS2 android/rooting community.

That is until these episodes with their CS the past month. The Note blew me away so I guess I'll go with that.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
When the black galaxy was returned a Nemo should have been put in the account. Your upgrade tenure would show zero if anyone looked at the account, but customer care would honor the discount on a different device, or color in your case when it becomes available, because of the memo.

jdwigg

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I recently updated to my GS II at my local Target store. It cost way to much both on line and at the Tmobile store. I got the white one and paid $149. I will never upgrade with the carrier directly again. There are way to many good deals if you do the research.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter