Text Transfer issues??

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Used Smart Switch as usual, said like almost 8GB of text data however when finished hardly any text there...tired multiple times. All still show on S23...any ideas?

Reactions: Katrina White1

MKREdit

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed an issue with RCS messages where it breaks them up. 1 will have your messages and only your messages. Another will have the messages from the person you are texting with and only that persons texts to you. If it's a group each person in the group will have an individual thread. The only exception to this is if someone uses a quick response which is not an RCS message.

Reactions: jlangner

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Try using SMS Text backup and restore from Google Play. I've used it from the S22U to S23U and this time. Flawless download and recovery both times.
e216bb5b2d5c89378f965c6dbe513a48.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I wonder, for those of us using Google Messages, couldn't we just archive our threads and then go into archived to resume texting which would load back to the inbox.

I only have a few threads that I wouldn't want deleted, so I guess it seems like a reasonable strategy for me. I have tons of threads archived right now to keep my inbox less cluttered.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I did get on with Samsung, guy didn't know crap. Finally told me to clear cache and try again. Tried and same result. He gave me a link to show what is transferred then just disconnected. Tring SMS Backup as we speek.

MKREdit

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Try using SMS Text backup and restore from Google Play. I've used it from the S22U to S23U and this time. Flawless download and recovery both times.
e216bb5b2d5c89378f965c6dbe513a48.jpg

Ive used it before as well
This got me closer. the multipe RCS half messages are gone but any received media is also gone. The SMS backup app I used before this was worthless and since there is no RCS backup and restore I may have to live with this. I think the RCS messages issue hast to do with the encryption. Can anyone confirm that they have transferred an RCS message complete with media that you have received from someone else also on RCS? Thanks.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This got me closer. the multipe RCS half messages are gone but any received media is also gone. The SMS backup app I used before this was worthless and since there is no RCS backup and restore I may have to live with this. I think the RCS messages issue hast to do with the encryption. Can anyone confirm that they have transferred an RCS message complete with media that you have received from someone else also on RCS? Thanks.
This is simply not the case. All my messages get restored. If you notice thatnsome are still not there you have to go through settings>apps>messages>storage and clear cache and data after which all will be there.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that they have transferred an RCS message complete with media that you have received from someone else also on RCS? Thanks.

I think so. A friend and I frequently share memes and gifs. We're both using Samsung devices and Google messages RCS. I scrolled through our text thread on my S23U and S24U, and they're all there.

Reactions: jlangner

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Used Smart Switch as usual, said like almost 8GB of text data however when finished hardly any text there...tired multiple times. All still show on S23...any ideas?
Back up your old phone to PC Smart switch then choose only message to restore

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I used SMS and was able to transfer the 4 threads or so over that were missing text. It was wierd it said transferred 10,000 approx text and that were 10,000 duplicates so restored 0....but didn't see in the thread. Tried again and told to not run duplicate check. This time all showed up but there were duplicates of all messages. Oh well, at least only a few threads that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05