The S10 Is Essentially Flawless

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have never said this before about any device I have owned. But I really think this is deserved when it comes to the S10+. There's really nothing about it that's not perfect. Well, if pressed to name a flaw, I'd say the power button is located way too high on the body of the phone! Wow, if that's the biggest criticism that can be leveled at this phone, I'm really grasping at straws.

(1) Screen - beautiful. It has no equal

(2) Battery life utterly extraordinary. It can get you through two days of moderate to heavy use without a recharge. Easily triple the battery life of any phone I've ever owned

(3) Overall speed and (most importantly) fluidity and lack of stutter or lag - superb.

(4) Screen visibility in bright sunlight -Amazing

(5) Camera is simple to use, offers amazing detail and great flexibility from its three lenses (wide/regular/telephoto). Low light shots are terrific with plenty of contrast and detail. Not as good as the best low light phones with Night Sight but better than anything I've previously owned and great for 99.9% of anything you'd ever want to shoot (unless you like taking photos in coal mines)

(6) Call clarity and radios are great. BT/WiFi connections are stable and strong and calls sound like you're on a land line (I know this is highly carrier specific -- I'm with Verizon)

(7) In-display FPS is accurate 95% of the time now after the software update and a little bit of a user learning curve. Coupled with face recognition, the phone opens virtually instantly almost 100% of the time

In short, Samsung has finally hit one out of the park.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish it was, but I feel the exact opposite. The battery life was great up until a few days ago, and for me, the FPS is horrible. Plus, I haven't received the March update, so I can't install the biometrics update I keep getting pushed to me every few days.

And BTW, the camera cutout is dumb IMO. It makes watching YouTube videos weird... yes, I prefer to watch my videos in full screen. It seems like an unnecessary change that Samsung made to keep up with the Jones', but no one was begging/crying for that extra millimeter or 2 of space atop the screen. I feel like coutouts/notches, etc are an answer to a problem that no one has. This was an issue invented by the manufacturers IMO.

I wanted to like this phone, but I miss my S9+ a LOT.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you are having a great experience, I want to love the phone more, but the FPS is crap for me, battery life isnt great (I'm averaging 4.5 to 5 hours of SoT at best - similar to my LG V40 with same apps and use). I probably should try a full reset to see if that helps. yes I've tried all the tricks for the FPS and tuned for battery life.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have never said this before about any device I have owned. But I really think this is deserved when it comes to the S10+. There's really nothing about it that's not perfect. Well, if pressed to name a flaw, I'd say the power button is located way too high on the body of the phone! Wow, if that's the biggest criticism that can be leveled at this phone, I'm really grasping at straws.

(2) Battery life utterly extraordinary. It can get you through two days of moderate to heavy use without a recharge. Easily triple the battery life of any phone I've ever owned

(3) Overall speed and (most importantly) fluidity and lack of stutter or lag - superb.

(5) Camera is simple to use, offers amazing detail and great flexibility from its three lenses (wide/regular/telephoto). Low light shots are terrific with plenty of contrast and detail. Not as good as the best low light phones with Night Sight but better than anything I've previously owned and great for 99.9% of anything you'd ever want to shoot (unless you like taking photos in coal mines)

(6) Call clarity and radios are great. BT/WiFi connections are stable and strong and calls sound like you're on a land line (I know this is highly carrier specific -- I'm with Verizon)

(7) In-display FPS is accurate 95% of the time now after the software update and a little bit of a user learning curve. Coupled with face recognition, the phone opens virtually instantly almost 100% of the time

I agree with this. It truly is an awesome phone.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My S10 has been working out great for me. Fantastic screen, super fast operation with no lags, and great battery life. The FPS isn't the greatest, and I always cringe when I have to use it (works about 70% for the first try). Having a physical fingerprint sensor like the S10e would have been fine by me. But overall, the S10 is probably the best smartphone I've ever owned.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Five hours of SoT is incredible. I don't think there's another phone that comes close to that.
I'm glad you are having a great experience, I want to love the phone more, but the FPS is crap for me, battery life isnt great (I'm averaging 4.5 to 5 hours of SoT at best - similar to my LG V40 with same apps and use). I probably should try a full reset to see if that helps. yes I've tried all the tricks for the FPS and tuned for battery life.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Five hours of SoT is incredible. I don't think there's another phone that comes close to that.

Lots of phones get 5 hours of screen time, however screentime is not good indicator of battery life in general because it depends on what app is using the screen.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

Agreed. On all accounts.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

My mate 20 goes about average 8.5 SoT hours same battery size and same app usage.. my LG v40 does 5 hours SoT with a 3300 mAh battery. I'm just saying I was hoping for better with the S10+.

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.

Not just the hardware but the software, I love how they listened and improved their OS unlike the rest (Huawei, LG and Sony).

I love One UI.

The other thing I love is HOW SATISFIED I AM WITH THE UPGRADE. It feels different and worth every penny and I'm not just upgrading for the sake of it.

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Mate has it's own set of flaws.. I have one too . Its speaker are let's just say serviceable and software I dont like any better. It has better chaging speeds and battery life granted. But it wont let any app open in back at all. I dont want that . It's so aggressive in ram management . Everytime I come back to app it reloads . S10 for me has better camera colors and overall much better device .

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Did you switch to S10plus flas well from mate 20 pro?
Mate has it's own set of flaws.. I have one too . Its speaker are let's just say serviceable and software I dont like any better. It has better chaging speeds and battery life granted. But it wont let any app open in back at all. I dont want that . It's so aggressive in ram management . Everytime I come back to app it reloads . S10 for me has better camera colors and overall much better device .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000