The Screen Lock: Getting rid of it

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Post Froyo, the only issue I have is the inability to disable the horizontal slider lock. I have always used the pattern lock for security and would like to keep it. To make matters worse, I use (and love) WidgetLocker. That means I have to slide past WidgetLocker, then the screen lock, then the security lock.

I just downloaded NoLock from the market and it works great... at disabling both the slider AND the security pattern lock. No luck there...

If anyone finds a way past this, please post solutions here. Thanks in advance.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
While the App I suppose is a solution, I don't understand why they took a way a setting that didn't need to be removed for any reason. Boggles ones mind.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
While the App I suppose is a solution, I don't understand why they took a way a setting that didn't need to be removed for any reason. Boggles ones mind.

Agree. However, the app isn't a solution because I want to keep using the pattern lock for unauthorized access, and just turn off the horizontal slider.

wilydodger

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't re-enable mine

I had the screen lock disabled before the update, now I can't get it back.

Apparently the option to disable it is still there, we just can't access it. I guess I would rather have it gone than there, but having the option was nice.

BigSkyX

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the screen lock disabled before the update, now I can't get it back.

Apparently the option to disable it is still there, we just can't access it. I guess I would rather have it gone than there, but having the option was nice.

+2 I'd like this back also. Any way to get it back?

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So this is clearly an issue a lot of people are not happy about. Doubt we'll see a patch fix but this has app fix written all over it. Would gladly pay for this fix! Devs, get on it.

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is this is an 'enhancement' from Google to appeal to the corporate world. In other words, this locking feature makes the phone more secure.

To my knowledge there is no workaround as of yet, however with more people and phones being upgraded to FROYO, I imagine there will be.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
^ I had heard same. Problem is that if they wanted to enhance security, they would have made a pin/pattern lock mandatory, NOT the horizontal slider that anyone can unlock. Odd...

eckster

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My problem is that I don't see a way to disable the pin lock, making it mandatory. I didn't have a pin lock on 2.1 and now it seems as though it is required when I unlock my phone. Can anyone shed some insight on disabling it.?

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
k im not the only one that notice that yea have to use both Slide to Unlock and Pattern Unlock. hated it, need option for 1 or the either NAO...

dcdoes

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted in another thread that if you delete your corporate email, you have access to disabling the screen lock. Once you disable it, go back and add your corporate email again. I did it and it works for me.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Am I understanding this correct? If you update to Froyo, you now have 3 functions before being able to access the phone screen (slider, pattern, and pin)?