This should be big news - "Google Screws up the Launch of the New Nexus Phone by LG"

n4limbo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a good thing if they sold that amount of units however that is still not a big deal. The GS3 is at like 30 million units or will be there by the end of the year and the iphone 5 will probably beat that number.

That initial demand will drop off tremendously but hopefully it will grow with every subsequent release. Personally I think this phone is the best phone available but I don't think Samsung or Apple have anything to worry about.

Amazon needs to get in the phone game to shake things up a bit like they did with the kindle fire. Even better Google should let Amazon handle the sales of this phone in addition to the play store. I think most people would pay a 20 dollar premium to know they would get the phone for sure and that the server would not crash on launch day. They needed to do a preorder type of thing so they know what the demand is in advance of launch day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yet Google play never seems to learn from it's previous mistakes and creates huge new ones.
How can they justifiably sell the nexus 4 to new customers on the 27th, yet many of us are still waiting for our orders placed on the 13th to ship. Best part is google has no idea why those orders are still in limbo.
This has turned out to be by far to be the worst customer service experience of my life.
I hope android central does a follow up story on the 13th backorders that are not fulfilled.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yet it still isn't hitting the mainstream press. Why is that?

TJ has it right.

I know, you should see it on the boob tube for it to be true. I already agreed, I am so schooled. I learned so much, thanks for rubbing it in. I am so humbled. I didn't do a search or find anything about this on any websites affiliated with major newspapers or magazines (actually I did) but it doesn't matter because it wasn't on the boob tube. So sorry, so humble, I know nothing. You're right, you guys provided all the proof, all the numbers, I'm not going to rely on my own research... oh wait, isn't there something called "Google"? Oh, but that wouldn't put it on my teevee... gosh darn I can't win.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Who said anything about TV? I'm a net news junkie and I can't recall seeing anything in the mainstream (read non-Android specific) press. Could have missed it, I suppose, and could Google it but can't be bothered for a phone that works properly only on a minor domestic network.

Somebody wake me up when a worthy successor to the LTE GNex comes along.

The dood

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
All I'm saying is, maybe.
Just maybe the reason n4 sales have been handled this way, is to insure that Google can maintain such a low price for the device.
I'm not any kind of marketing expert but, to me it makes sense that they have gone low budget on their distribution methods.
You can't honestly think that they're turning a huge profit here!

IMHO. Don't hate.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree now they screwed it up. There should of been preorders available right after the announcement. Not only would they have been able to gauge demand better but most very unlikely the play store would of had as many screw ups too. I really don't get it. They did a great job with the 7 launch, what happened?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Even though this phone isn't a big deal in the real-world it is Google. If Google screws up this bad it should end up as non-android news as well..

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
They did a great job with the 7 launch, what happened?
That wasn't my impression at all. In fact it was just another in a long string of botched launches going back through the LTE GNex all the way to the announced but quickly aborted CDMA version of the N1.

Big news would be Google getting it right.

Last edited:

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I know, you should see it on the boob tube for it to be true. I already agreed, I am so schooled. I learned so much, thanks for rubbing it in. I am so humbled. I didn't do a search or find anything about this on any websites affiliated with major newspapers or magazines (actually I did) but it doesn't matter because it wasn't on the boob tube. So sorry, so humble, I know nothing. You're right, you guys provided all the proof, all the numbers, I'm not going to rely on my own research... oh wait, isn't there something called "Google"? Oh, but that wouldn't put it on my teevee... gosh darn I can't win.
As STC09 said, who mentioned TV? I'm pretty sure you're the only one who brought that up. Instead of posting smart-ass replies you could try actually contributing to the conversation. If you've seen reports/stories/etc. on this from mainstream/major news sources (I don't watch TV news. I get my info from various new sites on the web), by all means reference them. I did the same thing you did before I posted: I googled it to see what the sales numbers are for Nexus devices. Then I posted what I believe to be an informed opinion. Your response of mocking doesn't do anything to prove your point. If there's a basis for what you're saying, please show us.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
People keep bringing up the point of how fast it sold out but how many units did they actually have available to sell initially?....a couple thousand?....10,000?.....20,000? Were people able to purchase the phone at other places or just through Google? If the stock is small to begin with and there is only one place to purchase the product I'm not sure if I would be all that impressed with the fact that they "sold out fast." It just seems there is some type of mismanagement by Google when launching their phone now......last years GN was a mess...now this (not sure about previous years)....I just hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem. I tried the GN and it was a decent phone with a ridiculous camera but I'll be holding out on buying another Nexus phone until this whole thing with Google matures more....they still have a lot of work to do ironing out this whole Nexus thing. Until then I'll enjoy the DNA and wait for a hack.

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
FishPharm - I really like that new HTC DNA phone, my father has one and it would be even more beautiful with stock android.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't my impression at all. In fact it was just another in a long string of botched launches going back through the LTE GNex all the way to the announced but quickly aborted CDMA version of the N1.

Big news would be Google getting it right.

I thought so, I ordered mine a month after it launched and got it in 2 days

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
As STC09 said, who mentioned TV? I'm pretty sure you're the only one who brought that up. Instead of posting smart-ass replies you could try actually contributing to the conversation. If you've seen reports/stories/etc. on this from mainstream/major news sources (I don't watch TV news. I get my info from various new sites on the web), by all means reference them. I did the same thing you did before I posted: I googled it to see what the sales numbers are for Nexus devices. Then I posted what I believe to be an informed opinion. Your response of mocking doesn't do anything to prove your point. If there's a basis for what you're saying, please show us.

At that point in the thread various web sites had been referenced and I don't watch TV nor do I have cable so I'd ascertain you're lying.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Clearly he's part of the vast Google conspiracy to cover up the truth.

I would be, but Google keeps saying the check's in the mail, the check's in the mail.