Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's a new question I just thought of... If I did the manual update before I got the notification of the OTA, will I still get notification from VZW there is an update available, since it is coming via txt?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's a new question I just thought of... If I did the manual update before I got the notification of the OTA, will I still get notification from VZW there is an update available, since it is coming via txt?

No, the notification system pings your device and checks the OS version and if it detects you are on the right OS (or not on the older OS it expects is probably more accurate) then it moves on.

EDIT: Manually upgraded with the update file on the AC home page, so far so good...

Last edited:

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is the update.zip 100% exactly the same as getting it OTA? I have no issue applying an update but this is my work phone and I don't wanna do anything that might prevent me from getting updates in the future.

Also has anyone tried wiping their phone and seeing if activating it from the beginning gets you the OTA?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the update.zip 100% exactly the same as getting it OTA? I have no issue applying an update but this is my work phone and I don't wanna do anything that might prevent me from getting updates in the future.

Also has anyone tried wiping their phone and seeing if activating it from the beginning gets you the OTA?

Yes it's the same file that is downloaded to your phone, they dug the URL out of a log file. There is absolutely NO difference.

zwatkinsx7

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the Firsts

I woke up today and reset my phone, (powered off, and then on) and when my phone finished mounting my SD card, an update box popped up asking me if i wanted to update my firmware. after accepting the request my phone reset and began the approx. 15 min update.
I can now watch almost all videos online with the new flash 10.1 update, as well as video with the promised 720p camcorder. All of the stock programs have updated Images, as well as updated widgets. Mobile hotspot Is now available, for an extra 30$ a month which Verizon somehow forgot to tell us about. overall I'm pretty happy with the update. the Incredible handles everything just as smoothly as it did with 2.1, as well as looks a bit better with updated images and widgets. i got my phone pretty late after the initial launch of the HTC Incredible, but somehow i got the update first day. i don't know whether it's random, or by specific days, but i'm sure that in the next few days the update will be out to everyone. hope it gets to you guys soon, the Incredible looks even better now than it did out of the box, and has even more capabilities.

cpomike13

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
still waiting like most of us

I'm getting really tired of waiting, but I'm not going to anything that big red can use to break my warranty. All I know is that Verizon has had 3 months with Froyo, and now they're playing games with us, some here, some there. If you buy an Incredible right now, it comes with Froyo, so why play games!!!!!!!!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting really tired of waiting, but I'm not going to anything that big red can use to break my warranty. All I know is that Verizon has had 3 months with Froyo, and now they're playing games with us, some here, some there. If you buy an Incredible right now, it comes with Froyo, so why play games!!!!!!!!

just downlad the update zip file. it's exactly the same as the OTA (because it is the OTA file) and they would not be able to tell the difference.

And they aren't playing games, they are just being cautious.

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so first of all forgive me if some one ekse has asked thiss before but I couldn't find it in any other thread.... I finally got the update message but after reading that so many people are having a lot of issues with 2.2 idk if I should keep 2.1? Now I read somewhere in a thread that most of the problems are due to ruining froyo with 2.1 data and that after a factory reset everything works better? ? Any body that can confirm this? ?

Bekrah

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Has anyone received the rumored 8/27 OTA Froyo update?

Are you in California as well as everyone else who has received the update? My wife has the Dinc and she is pateintly waiting for the OTA update. We are not in a PST zone by the way.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you in California as well as everyone else who has received the update? My wife has the Dinc and she is pateintly waiting for the OTA update. We are not in a PST zone by the way.

It has nothing to do with your location, it's done by IMEI and is completely random.

Grappler-idaho

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm so tired of waiting for this darn update but I'm also happy you guys are getting it via the OTA and the zip file. I want to do the zip file so bad but I'm such a new user to smart phones and i know i will mess things up i want to try so bad but I'm just to dumb lol i will keep the rest of you posted as it keeps rolling for those that are in "my shoes" and i hope the rest of you get it as well soon !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claudio1986saavedra