Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Please help me. Im trying to find the first OTA (the exchange one) pushed out back in may...because some users never received that update...it would be the 2.1 1.22.605.2 update....if some one can find it, please send me a link

Just a suggestion, but rather than doing the update to match the link, why not change the link to match the stock build you are running? The OTA has to look at the build on the phone it is trying to update and then direct the user to the correct link to match. Have people check their build then edit the link and just down load the correct version for their phone. It would only work for stock (or whatever would be allowed to get the 'official OTA'). I don't know how many different builds there were-can't have been more than 3 or 4 (maybe only 2?). If it works, you could also just put a set of links up-if you have build such and such, use this link. If you are running this build, use this link...

Like I said, just a thought to keep it simple.

Last edited:

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Is it true swype does not work on 2.2? I really like this keyboard ..... Can any one please confirm?

Didn't work on mine at first. I uninstalled Swype. Then I used the "Swype Installer" application that was on the phone from before. And it told me to login to my Swype account.. after I did that I re-downloaded Swype and it worked fine

cshell

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well it has been a fascinating thread. (Did I notice some folks quietly dropping out of the thread?) I am sure glad that teslatech got the update before me. I didn't know if I could handle the pressure. I hope he is sleeping soundly after a job well done. And schwatzman93, thanks for following this through to success. I'm glad you didn't have to rough anyone else up. Way to go guys!!

I'm am sorry to see the budding romance between NYDroidcess and DBRIZZEL come to an abrupt halt though. But what the hell, I've got Froyo and they probably do too.

Thanks!

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't work on mine at first. I uninstalled Swype. Then I used the "Swype Installer" application that was on the phone from before. And it told me to login to my Swype account.. after I did that I re-downloaded Swype and it worked fine

The only problem is that myself just like many of us in here I assume....is that I didn't pay for it and do not have a swype account.... Would you be able to share the new apk? :p

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a headache......STOP WITH ALL THE FROYO POSTS

Seriously,
someone make one post that is the a list of issues people have, etc.

I have a headache and this isn't helping!

jdmba

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Opened another thread on topic because it is possible no one who has the OTA is checking this thread (why would they) ... but on the off chance; can people please advise if they had ClockWorkMod recovery installed when they were offered the OTA? I am trying to make sure that the offer will still come through, and that I am not just sitting around waiting for something that will never show unless I go ahead and flash to stock recovery. Thanks.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The only problem is that myself just like many of us in here I assume....is that I didn't pay for it and do not have a swype account.... Would you be able to share the new apk? :p

The mods / admins / owners HIGHLY frown upon people sharing shared copies of Swype on these forums. I would suggest you persuade the power of Google to help you out, it's out there. Glad I got in on the beta when it was open!

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Kind of ironic how everyone whined about not having it, and now they whine about having it. :p

I just hope Froyo doesn't blow up your battery. :confused:

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but if the people doing the roll out don't have a way of (or aren't) checking which version is currently on a phone, it could still be going slow for those who are choosing to wait; the people applying the 2.2 update manually might not get the notification but those sending the update could still be trying to do just that. If VZWSupport is correct, which in my experience Verizon reps don't always get filled in, that could be quite a while (2 weeks to a month).

If they do check the version first, it could mean a faster OTA roll out for everyone else. I'm not sure how likely this is to be the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
factore