Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm here in the Eastern Time Zone. Sitting. Waiting. Staring.
*vibe-vibe-beep* IS IT MY UPDATE?!
Nope. Just a text from my friend.

I will grab that update.zip. I know it. It's destined to be....

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Newts aren't mammals; therefore, no milk. Not sure what that white stuff was that you drank, but it wasn't milk :D Maybe that's your problem?

I newt that VZW rep was full of it. The container looked like a nesquik container. I figured it was powdered newt.

andyc821

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so this has gotten so silly that I actually dreamed that I got the update and hit install before capturing the url or the .zip! In the dream I actually scrambled to shut the phone down before it finished, calling myself a fu#@$%g Noob the whole time!

Come on VZW release the location already!

;)

I **** you not I had the same dream last night!! :eek:

JazMan456

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I became an Android owner trough divine providence, my Crackberry storm died, I kid you not, the eve of the launch of the DInc... so I am hoping that the Hand of God will play a role in getting me that update post haste!

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Now, I'm fairly new to the android family, but I have to say that all weekend long I have been checking my phone. Even waking up in the middle of the night to check if I got the update or not. I'm getting fed up of waiting. It's like come on already. If I get it before someone posts the update.zip file, I will do it. I'm not a newbie when it comes to technology! :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well they didnt know . On the brighter side at least its got to be getting closer for alot more to be released . I mean at least it IS happening . Yeah I wished they had posted the file too but ... I'm mellowed down now aNYHOO I'm just hoping for the flood gate to fall so everybody chills back and no I havent gotten mine updated either still 2.1 . I hope its soon :)

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems we all need to put the "how-to" in our sigs. Someone who is following this thread just got the update and didn't grab the .zip. :(

shaundiesel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand why you all don't just pull the trigger on the rooted, official version? I'm a noob, and was able to do it very easily. I now have 2.2, rooted, with free wireless tether! It's a simple process, albeit somewhat time consuming, but simple nonetheless. I posted a link to the directions a couple pages back. Obviously, I take no credit as I just followed the link from someone elses post, but it worked flawlessly, and the wait is over! I highly recommend, as I'm in better shape now than I would be had I waited.....

Just a thought.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss