Toshiba AT100 : battery issue

Rb R

Apr 28, 2020
Visit site
Hiya,
I've got a real throwback of a tablet, a Toshiba AT100. I believe it is known as a Thrive in the States?

It's worked fairly well for the almost decade I've owned it but all of a sudden two days ago, a charging issue has sprung up out of the blue.

I've got it plugged in but the charge level won't increase. Whilst plugged, the tablet runs indefinitely (though the battery percentage doesn't rise). As soon as I remove the charging cable, I get a battery notice and the tablet turns off.

I've had no issues restarting it once plugged back in, it says charging, and the battery settings show the correct charging time, but with no percentage increase.

Is there any possibility this is a software issue or is the battery perhaps toast?

Cheers!
Robbie

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hiya,
I've got a real throwback of a tablet, a Toshiba AT100. I believe it is known as a Thrive in the States?

It's worked fairly well for the almost decade I've owned it but all of a sudden two days ago, a charging issue has sprung up out of the blue.

I've got it plugged in but the charge level won't increase. Whilst plugged, the tablet runs indefinitely (though the battery percentage doesn't rise). As soon as I remove the charging cable, I get a battery notice and the tablet turns off.

I've had no issues restarting it once plugged back in, it says charging, and the battery settings show the correct charging time, but with no percentage increase.

Is there any possibility this is a software issue or is the battery perhaps toast?

Cheers!
Robbie
The battery is probably toast but it is replaceable since it's removable. It may not be worth it though since you can probably get a very inexpensive tablet these days that will outperform it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001