Trade in amount went way down after getting approved

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
So I had a $600 value for trade in for my s10 on the Samsung site to buy the s20. I then got approved to finance the $399 difference. I then linked my account to the TD bank credit and suddenly I only get $250 for the trade in. Wtf is that?

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Was there any damage on the s10?, but I agree need to talk to Samsung

No damage. It's really odd. I actually went back in and the page did indicate $600 for my device through the whole checkout, then right before the place order button, a message came up saying "1 or more items in your cart has changed" then the price went from $399 to almost $500.🤷 Makes me feel uneasy about Samsung. I'll call them in the morning. If they can't honor what I've been seeing on their website for the past several weeks, I'm out.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying before you buy the trade in value changed after you got approved for financing or are you saying you already bought the device, sent the S10 and they gave you only $250 instead of $600?

Edit: saw your latest reply, note that max trade in offers may not be compatible with different offers. Though in the website when I going thru check out the max trade in value of $600 applies with Samsung financing on unlocked model. I haven't checked for other carriers models it different combinations.

Which version on the website you are selecting? Unlocked or a particular carrier version? And you didn't select any other offer right? Like the 50% buyback offer? Since those are not compatible with the max trade in offers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No damage. It's really odd. I actually went back in and the page did indicate $600 for my device through the whole checkout, then right before the place order button, a message came up saying "1 or more items in your cart has changed" then the price went from $399 to almost $500. Makes me feel uneasy about Samsung. I'll call them in the morning. If they can't honor what I've been seeing on their website for the past several weeks, I'm out.
OK so you just placed the order and it shows less value then 600.00 gotcha ...I just checked and your correct its at 600.00 so did you put the order through already? If not start all over again

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
OK so you just placed the order and it shows less value then 600.00 gotcha ...I just checked and your correct its at 600.00 so did you put the order through already? If not start all over again

No I'm not going to place it if I'm not sure I can get the $600. My phone is mint. I will try a third time I guess

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of your final check out screen and show what offers your have selected for your order? May be there is some other offer there which is conflicting with max trade in offer since they have bunch of offers and they are all not compatible with each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34