Transferring Gboard learned words + Samsung Gallery

TheEdge76

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I have just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy XCover 4S to a Samsung Galaxy A41. I'm getting to like my new phone (although it is quite a bit larger to me!)
I had a lot of learned words on my Gboard keyboard/dictionary/whatever it's called on my XCover however they haven't transferred across to my A41. I can't find an option to do this in Gboard on either device.
Is there some "sync" option I'm missing or something?
It's not the end of the world if I can't do it, but it would be nice to be able to transfer it over to my new device.

Also my Samsung Gallery got updated from 11.5.02.6 to the newest version, and the upgrade is not good...previously when looking at an image, it would show the date it was taken plus the location. That's gone now and I get some film-roll-string which looks awful.
Is there any option to change this back, or rollback/downgrade to the earlier version?

Thanks in advance :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Gboard app on the old phone, go to its settings, then Dictionary>Personal Dictionary>English. Are there any words there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In your Gboard app's settings, go to the Advanced options. Is Personalization turned on for both the old phone and new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not quite sure then. It probably works if you did a Google backup of the old phone and then restore it to the new phone, but that might not be possible on older phones. (When I look at the Google Drive backup for my Pixel 3a XL, I see that one of the apps that has backed up data is Gboard, which might include learned words.) It certainly seems to make sense that learned words would be synced to your Google account, but I can't find an option for that either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16