Unable to send/receive MMS while connected to home WiFi

Geohorse

May 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently purchased a new Galaxy S10e directly from AT&T. It worked for a few weeks until I suddenly can not send or receive MMS while I am at home. I have not changed anything with my phone or the account - it suddenly stopped working. If I am out running errands or at work, MMS works just fine. If I am connected to my home WiFi, picture texts are stuck in sending for 10-12 minutes until they finally fail to send. I am also unable to receive MMS while on my home WiFi - a length of time goes by after another person tries sending me a picture text and I will receive a notification on my phone "Can't Receive MMS." I use Textra as my texting app but it does not work on my stock messaging app or any other third party app I have tried to download just to test this out. If I turn off WiFi, MMS works. Part of me feels it's my router but I bought it less than a year ago, so I would think it should be fine. I do have a Microcell which I am connected to but if I power the Microcell off while still connected to my home WiFi this makes no difference either. Turning WiFi calling on/off also renders no difference. I am able to connect to and browse the internet just fine and can send/receive SMS without issue, but the MMS refuses to work correctly. I do have mobile data turned on as well. I have been on AT&T chat multiple times and everyone seems to think this is a new issue and I'm the only one with this problem, therefore I'm not getting anywhere on getting this fixed. I was sent a new SIM card, did a factory reset on my phone, and received a new phone under warranty and I am still having problems sending/receiving MMS. Has anyone experienced this issue before or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

blazers88

May 9, 2019
Visit site
This is not a Textra issue - I cannot send or receive MMS with any texting app, not even the stock messaging app.

Does it work if you’re connected to another WiFi network at a friends house or something? Sounds like an odd problem to have from a Home WiFi network

Kickingfox

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
I wasn't able to send pictures. Tried everything I could think of, everything others suggested. Started the process of elimination, turned off 'data saver' then sent picture. It sent.
I then turned off and on my phone, did soft reset and such. Sent another picture, still working.
Hope this will benefit others.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards